Section 38 in The Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act, 2013
Title: Power to remove difficulties.
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as may appear to it to be necessary or expedient for the removal of the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made in relation to a State after the expiration of three years from the commencement of this Act in that State.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Power to exempt.
(1) The appropriate Government may, by a general or special order published in the Official Gazette, for reasons to be recorded, and subject to such conditions as it may impose, exempt any area, category of buildings or class of persons from any provisions of this Act or from any specified requirement contained in this Act or any rule, order, notification, bye-laws or scheme made thereunder or dispense with the observance of any such requirement in a class or classes of cases, for a period not exceeding six months at a time.
(2) Every general or special order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as maybe after it is made, before each House of Parliament or each House of State Legislature, where there are two Houses and where there is one House of State Legislature, before that House.
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University Act, 2013.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1.18th November, 2013, vide notification No. S.O. 3446 (E), dated 18th November, 2013, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, and in all Statutes made hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) "Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) "academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Ordinances;
(c) "Board of Schools" means the Board of Schools of the University;
(d) "Campus" means the unit established or constituted by the University for making arrangements for instruction, research, education and training;
(e) "Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor" mean, respectively, the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor of the University;
(f) "College" means a college maintained by or admitted to the privileges of the University for imparting education and training in aviation studies or in its associated disciplines;
(g) "Court" means the Court of the University;
(h) "Dean of School" means an administrative officer in charge of a college, faculty or a Division in a University;
(i) "Department" means a Department of Studies and includes a Centre of Studies;
(j) "Director General" means the Director General of Civil Aviation;
(k) "Distance Education System" means the system of imparting education through any means of communication, such as broadcasting, telecasting, internet, correspondence courses, seminars, contact programmes, e-learning or the combination of such means;
(l) "employee" means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers and other staff of the University;
(m) "Executive Council" means the Executive Council of the University;
(n) "Finance Committee" means the Finance Committee of the University;
(o) "Hall" means a unit of residence for the students of the University or of a College or an Institution maintained by the University;
(p) "Institution" means an institution, school, college or centre of studies maintained by or admitted to the privileges of the University for imparting education, training and research in aviation studies or in its associated disciplines;
(q) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(r) "off-shore Campus" means an institution, college, centres, school or campus of the University established outside the country;
(s) "principal" means the head of a college or an institution;
(t) "recognised Institution" means an institution admitted to the privileges of the University for imparting education in aviation studies or its associated disciplines;
(u) "recognised teachers" means such persons as are recognised by the University for the purpose of imparting instructions in a college or an institution admitted to the privileges of the University;
(v) "school" means a School of Studies of the University;
(w) "Statutes", "Ordinances" and "Regulations" mean, respectively, the Statutes, the Ordinances and the Regulations of the University made under this Act;
(x) "teachers of the University" means Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Readers, Senior Lecturers, Lecturers and such other persons as may be appointed or recognised for imparting instruction or conducting research in the University or in any college or institution maintained by the University or for giving guidance to students for any course of study of the University are designated as teachers by the Statutes;
(y) "University" means the National Aviation University established under this Act;
(z) "University Grants Commission" means the Commission established under section 4 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956).
Title: Establishment of University.
(1) There shall be established a University by the name of Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University.
(2) The headquarters of the University shall be at Fursatganj in the District of Raebareli in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
(3) The University may establish or maintain campuses and centres at such other places within its jurisdiction as it may deem fit.
(4) The first Chancellor, the first Vice-Chancellor, the first members of the Court, the Executive Council, the Academic Council, and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, shall constitute the University.
(5) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and shall by that name, sue and be sued.
(6) The University shall be a teaching, research and affiliating Aviation University.