Section 30 in The Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act, 2013
Title: Functions of the Central Monitoring Committee
The functions of the Central Monitoring Committee shall be,—
(a) to monitor and advise the Central Government and State Government for effective implementation of this Act and related laws and programmes;
(b) to co-ordinate the functions of all concerned agencies;
(c) to look into any other matter incidental to or connected with implementation of this Act.
Title: Functions of National Commission for Safai Karamcharis.
(1) The National Commission for Safai Karamcharis shall perform the following functions, namely:—
(a) to monitor the implementation of this Act;
(b) to enquire into complaints regarding contravention of the provisions of this Act, and to convey its findings to the concerned authorities with recommendations requiring further action; and
(c) to advise the Central and the State Governments for effective implementation of the provisions of this Act.
(d) to take suo motu notice of matter relating to non-implementation of this Act.
(2) In the discharge of its functions under sub-section (1), the National Commission shall have the power to call for information with respect to any matter specified in that sub-section from any Government or local or other authority
Title: Power of State Government to designate an appropriate authority to monitor the implementation of this Act.
(1) The State Government may, by notification, designate a State Commission for Safai Karamcharis or a State Commission for the Scheduled Castes or such other statutory or other authority, as it deems fit, to perform, within the State, mutatis mutandis, the functions specified in sub-section (1) of section 31.
(2) An authority designated under sub-section (1) shall, within the State, have, mutatis mutandis, the powers of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis as specified in sub-section (2) of section 31.
Title: Duty of local authorities and other agencies to use modern technology for cleaning of sewers, etc.
(1) It shall be the duty of every local authority and other agency to use appropriate technological appliances for cleaning of sewers, septic tanks and other spaces within their control with a view to eliminating the need for the manual handling of excreta in the process of their cleaning.
(2) It shall be the duty of the appropriate Government to promote, through financial assistance, incentives and otherwise, the use of modern technology, as mentioned in sub-section(1).
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith.
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against an appropriate Government or any officer of the appropriate Government or any member of the Committee for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.