Section 53 in The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013
Title: Rules and regulations to be laid before Parliament.
Every rule and every regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or regulation or both Houses agree that the rule or regulation should not be made, the rule or regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule or regulation.
Title: Power to remove difficulties.
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as may appear it to be necessary for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of five years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Application of other laws not barred.
The provisions of this Act shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the provisions of any other law for the time being in force.
Anything done or any action taken by the Interim Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority and Central Government under the Resolutions of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance number F. No. 5/7/2003-ECB & PR, dated the 10th October, 2003 and F.No.1(6)2007-PR, dated the 14th November, 2008 and notification number F. No. 5/7/2003-ECB & PR, dated the 22nd December, 2003, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act, 2013.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1***.
(3) It shall come into force on such date3 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint:
Provided that the date so notified shall not be earlier than sixty days after the date of publication of 2[the said notification] in the Official Gazette
1. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10-2019).
2. 6th December, 2013, vide notification No. S.O. 2989(E), dated 1st October, 2013, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Sec. 3(ii).
3. Subs. by Act 17 of 2015, s.3 and the Second Schedule, for "the notification" (w.e.f. 13-5-2015).