Section 47 in The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013
Title: Members, officers and employees of Authority to be public servants.
The Chairperson and other members and officers and other employees of the Authority shall be deemed, when acting or purporting to act in pursuance of any of the provisions of this Act, to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith.
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceedings shall lie against the Central Government or the Authority or any officer of Central Government or any member, officer or other employees of the Authority for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act or the rules or regulations made thereunder.
Title: Delegation of powers.
(1) The Authority may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to any member, officer of the Authority or any other person subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of its powers and functions under this Act (except the powers under section 52) as it may deem necessary.
(2) The Authority may, by a general or special order in writing, also form committees of the members and delegate to them the powers and functions of the Authority as may be specified by the regulations.
Title: Offences by companies.
(1) Where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed was in charge of, and was responsible to, the company for the conduct of the business of the company, as well as the company, shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly:
Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall render any such person liable to any punishment provided in this Act if he proves that the offence was committed without his knowledge or that he has exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of such offence.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), where any offence under this Act has been committed by a company and it is proved that the offence has been committed with the consent or connivance of, or is attributable to, any neglect on the part of any director, manager, secretary or other officer of the company, such director, manager, secretary or other officer shall also be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this section,—
(a) "company" means any body corporate and includes a firm or other association of individuals; and
(b) "director, in relation to a firm", means a partner in the firm.
Title: Powers of Authority not to apply to International Financial Services Centre.
1[50A. Powers of Authority not to apply to International Financial Services Centre.-- Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the powers exercisable by the Authority under this Act,--
(a) shall not extend to an International Financial Services Centre set up under sub-section (1) of section 18 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005 (28 of 2005);
(b) shall be exercisable by the International Financial Services Centres Authority established under sub-section (1) of section 4 of the International Financial Services Centres Authority Act, 2019,
in so far as regulation of financial products, financial services and financial institutions that are permitted in the International Financial Services Centres are concerned.]
1. Ins. by Act 50 of 2019, s. 33 and the second Schedule (w.e.f. 1-10-2020).