Section 45 in The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013
Title: Establishment of Pension Advisory Committee.
(1) The Authority may, by notification, establish with effect from such date as it may specify in the notification, a Committee to be known as the Pension Advisory Committee.
(2) The Pension Advisory Committee shall consist of not more than twenty-five members, excluding ex officio members, to represent the interests of employees' associations, subscribers, commerce and industry, intermediaries, and organisations engaged in pension research.
(3) The Chairperson and the members of the Authority shall be the ex officio Chairperson and ex officio members of the Pension Advisory Committee.
(4) The objects of the Pension Advisory Committee shall be to advise the Authority on matters relating to the making of the regulations under section 52.
(5) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (4), the Pension Advisory Committee may advise the Authority on such matters as may be referred to it by the Authority and also on such matters as the Committee may deem fit.
Title: Furnishing of returns, etc., to Central Government.
(1) The Authority shall furnish to the Central Government at such time and in such form and manner as may be prescribed, or as the Central Government may direct to furnish such returns, statements and other particulars in regard to any proposed or existing programme for the promotion and development of the pension industry as the Central Government may, from time to time, require.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Authority shall, within nine months after the close of each financial year, submit to the Central Government a report giving a true and full account of its activities including the activities for promotion and development of schemes of pension funds regulated under this Act during the previous financial year.
(3) Copies of the reports received under sub-section (2) shall be laid, as soon as may be, after they are received, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Members, officers and employees of Authority to be public servants.
The Chairperson and other members and officers and other employees of the Authority shall be deemed, when acting or purporting to act in pursuance of any of the provisions of this Act, to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith.
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceedings shall lie against the Central Government or the Authority or any officer of Central Government or any member, officer or other employees of the Authority for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act or the rules or regulations made thereunder.
Title: Delegation of powers.
(1) The Authority may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to any member, officer of the Authority or any other person subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of its powers and functions under this Act (except the powers under section 52) as it may deem necessary.
(2) The Authority may, by a general or special order in writing, also form committees of the members and delegate to them the powers and functions of the Authority as may be specified by the regulations.