Section 11 in The National Food Security Act, 2013
Title: Publication and display of list of eligible households.
The State Government shall place the list of the identified eligible households in the public domain and display it prominently.
Title: Reforms in Targeted Public Distribution System.
(1) The Central and State Governments shall endeavour to progressively undertake necessary reforms in the Targeted Public Distribution System in consonance with the role envisaged for them in this Act.
(2) The reforms shall, inter alia, include—
(a) doorstep delivery of foodgrains to the Targeted Public Distribution System outlets;
(b) application of information and communication technology tools including end-to-end computerisation in order to ensure transparent recording of transactions at all levels, and to prevent diversion;
(c) leveraging ''aadhaar'' for unique identification, with biometric information of entitled beneficiaries for proper targeting of benefits under this Act;
(d) full transparency of records;
(e) preference to public institutions or public bodies such as Panchayats, selfhelp groups, cooperatives, in licensing of fair price shops and management of fair price shops by women or their collectives;
(f) diversification of commodities distributed under the Public Distribution System over a period of time;
(g) support to local public distribution models and grains banks;
(h) introducing schemes, such as, cash transfer, food coupons, or other schemes, to the targeted beneficiaries in order to ensure their foodgrain entitlements specified in Chapter II, in such area and manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
Title: Women of eighteen years of age or above to be head of household for purpose of issue of ration cards.
(1) The eldest woman who is not less than eighteen years of age, in every eligible household, shall be head of the household for the purpose of issue of ration cards.
(2) Where a household at any time does not have a woman or a woman of eighteen years of age or above, but has a female member below the age of eighteen years, then, the eldest male member of the household shall be the head of the household for the purpose of issue of ration card and the female member, on attaining the age of eighteen years, shall become the head of the household for such ration cards in place of such male member.
Title: Internal grievance redressal mechanism.
Every State Government shall put in place an internal grievance redressal mechanism which may include call centres, help lines, designation of nodal officers, or such other mechanism as may be prescribed.
Title: District Grievance Redressal Officer.
(1) The State Government shall appoint or designate, for each district, an officer to be the District Grievance Redressal Officer for expeditious and effective redressal of grievances of the aggrieved persons in matters relating to distribution of entitled foodgrains or meals under Chapter II, and to enforce the entitlements under this Act.
(2) The qualifications for appointment as District Grievance Redressal Officer and its powers shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(3) The method and terms and conditions of appointment of the District Grievance Redressal Officer shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(4) The State Government shall provide for the salary and allowances of the District Grievance Redressal Officer and other staff and such other expenditure as may be considered necessary for their proper functioning.
(5) The officer referred to in sub-section (1) shall hear complaints regarding non-distribution of entitled foodgrains or meals, and matters relating thereto, and take necessary action for their redressal in such manner and within such time as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(6) Any complainant or the officer or authority against whom any order has been passed by officer referred to in sub-section (1), who is not satisfied with the redressal of grievance may file an appeal against such order before the State Commission.
(7) Every appeal under sub-section (6) shall be filed in such manner and within such time as may be prescribed by the State Government.