Section 51 in The Rashtriya Raksha University Act, 2020.
Title: Laying of rules, Statutes, Ordinances and notifications.
(1) Every rule, Statute or Ordinance made and every notification issued under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every rule, Statute or Ordinance made and every notification issued under this Act, shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification or both Houses agree that the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification should not be made, the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification.
Title: Transitional provisions.
(1) The existing Board of Governors, Finance Committee and other committees functioning in the Raksha Shakti University, Gujarat shall continue to function till such time the University constitutes the authorities or committees under the provisions of this Act.
(2) The existing officers of the Raksha Shakti University, Gujarat such as, Vice-Chancellor, Registrar or Finance Officer, shall continue to function till such time the officers are appointed under the provisions of this Act.
Title: Repeal of Gujarat Act 14 of 2009.
(1) The Raksha Shakti University Act, 2009 is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal,--
(a) all appointments made, orders issued, degrees and other academic distinctions conferred, diplomas and certificates awarded, privileges granted, or other things done under the Raksha Shakti University Act, 2009, shall be deemed to have been respectively made, issued, conferred, awarded, granted or done under the corresponding provisions of this Act and, except as otherwise provided by or under this Act or the Statutes, continue in force unless and until they are superseded by any order made under this Act or the Statutes; and
(b) all the proceedings of selection committee or any other authority, if any, for the appointment or promotion of teachers and other employees that took place before the commencement of this Act and all actions of the concerned authorities in respect of the recommendations of such selection committee or authority, if any, where no orders of appointment on the basis thereof were passed before the commencement of this Act shall, notwithstanding that the procedure for selection has been modified by this Act, be deemed to have been valid but further proceedings in connection with such pending selections shall be taken in accordance with the provisions of this Act and be continued from the stage where they stood immediately before such commencement, except if the concerned authorities take a decision to the contrary.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the National Food Security Act, 2013.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) Save as otherwise provided, it shall be deemed to have come into force on the 5th day of July, 2013.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,
(1) "anganwadi" means a child care and development center set up under the Integrated Child Development Services Scheme of the Central Government to render services covered under section 4, clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 5 and section 6;
(2) "central pool" means the stock of food grains which is,--
(i) procured by the Central Government and the State Governments through minimum support price operations;
(ii) maintained for allocations under the Targeted Public Distribution System, other welfare schemes, including calamity relief and such other schemes;
(iii) kept as reserves for schemes referred to in sub-clause (ii);
(3) "eligible households" means households covered under the priority households and the Antyodaya Anna Yojana referred to in sub-section (1) of section 3;
(4) "fair price shop" means a shop which has been licensed to distribute essential commodities by an order issued under section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955), to the ration card holders under the Targeted Public Distribution System;
(5) "food grains" means rice, wheat or coarse grains or any combination thereof conforming to such quality norms as may be determined, by order, by the Central Government from time to time;
(6) "food security" means the supply of the entitled quantity of foodgrains and meal specified under Chapter II;
(7) "food security allowance" means the amount of money to be paid by the concerned State Government to the entitled persons under section 8;
(8) "local authority" includes Panchayat, municipality, district board, cantonment board, town planning authority and in the States of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura where Panchayats do not exist, the village council or committee or any other body, by whatever name called, which is authorised under the Constitution or any law for the time being in force for self- governance or any other authority or body vested with the control and management of civic services, within a specified local area;
(9) "meal" means hot cooked or pre-cooked and heated before its service meal or take home ration, as may be prescribed by the Central Government;
(10) "minimum support" price means the assured price announced by the Central Government at which foodgrains are procured from farmers by the Central Government and the State Governments and their agencies, for the central pool;
(11) "notification" means a notification issued under this Act and published in the Official Gazette;
(12) "other welfare schemes" means such Government schemes, in addition to the Targeted Public Distribution System, under which foodgrains or meals are supplied as part of the schemes;
(13) "person with disability" means a person defined as such in clause (t) of section 2 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996);
(14) "priority households" means households identified as such under section 10;
(15) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
16) "ration card" means a document issued under an order or authority of the State Government for the purchase of essential commodities from the fair price shops under the Targeted Public Distribution System;
(17) "rural area" means any area in a State except those areas covered by any urban local body or a cantonment board established or constituted under any law for the time being in force;
(18) "Schedule" means a Schedule appended to this Act;
(19) "senior citizen" means a person defined as such under clause (h) of section 2 of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 (56 of 2007);
(20) "social audit" means the process in which people collectively monitor and evaluate the planning and implementation of a programme or scheme;
(21) "State Commission" means the State Food Commission constituted under section 16;
(22) "State Government", in relation to a Union territory, means the Administrator thereof appointed under article 239 of the Constitution;
(23) "Targeted Public Distribution System" means the system for distribution of essential commodities to the ration card holders through fair price shops;
(24) "Vigilance Committee" means a committee constituted under section 29 to supervise the implementation of all schemes under this Act;
(25) the words and expressions not defined here but defined in the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955), or any other relevant Act shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them in those Acts.