Section 10 in The Rashtriya Raksha University Act, 2020.
Title: Admission of students.
(1) It shall be the endeavour of the University to take necessary measures to maintain an all-India character, high standard of teaching and research.
(2) Admission of students for courses in the University shall be made on an all-India basis in such manner as may be specified in the Ordinances.
(3) Admission of students on international basis may be made in such manner as may be laid down in the Statutes and the directions or instructions or guidelines issued by the Central Government in this behalf.
Title: Teaching at University.
All teaching at the University shall be in accordance with the Statutes and Ordinances made in this behalf.
Title: Authorities of University
The following shall be the authorities of the University, namely:--
(a) Governing Body;
(b) Executive Council;
(c) Academic Council;
(d) Finance Committee; and
(e) such other authorities as may be laid down in the Statutes to be the authorities of the University.
Title: Governing Body.
(1) The Central Government may, by the notification in the Official Gazette, constitute a Governing Body of the University from such date as it may specify therein
(2) The Governing Body shall consist of not more than fifteen members including the Chairperson, with majority of members from academia, industry and relevant professional fields, to be nominated by the Central Government including the following, namely:--
(b) Vice-Chancellor of the University, ex officio;
(c) one representative of the Ministry of Home Affairs not below the rank of Joint Secretary, ex officio;
(d) an officer of Indian Legal Service, not below the rank of Joint Secretary, to be nominated by the Central Government, ex officio;
(e) two representatives of the Government of Gujarat being officers not below the rank of Secretary in that Government;
(f) one representative of State Police Universities by rotation;
(g) one person of eminence from the academia or field of education;
(h) one person of eminence or expertise from the industry or corporate sector;
(i) one person to be an expert of global eminence from a field having relevance to the objects of the University;
(j) not more than three persons having expertise in defence, policing, internal security and allied fields.
(3) The Central Government may, in consultation with such State Governments as it deems fit, appoint the Chairperson of the Governing Body, who shall be an eminent person from the field of academia, defence, security, law enforcement or internal security.
Title: Term of office, vacancies among, and allowances payable to, members of Governing Body.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member of the Governing Body, other than an ex officio member, shall be for a period of three years from the date of nomination.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(3) The term of office of a member nominated to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he has been nominated.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, an outgoing member shall, unless the Governing Body otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated as a member in his place.
(5) The members of the Governing Body shall be entitled to such travelling and other allowances as may be laid down in the Statutes, but no member shall be entitled to any salary by reason of this sub-section.