Section 51 in The National Forensic Sciences University Act, 2020
Title: Power of Central Government to issue directions.
(1) The University shall, in discharge of its functions under this Act, be bound by such directions on questions of policy as the Central Government may give in writing to it from time to time.
(2) The decision of the Central Government as to whether a question is one of policy or not shall be final.
Title: Residuary provision.
(1) The Board of Governors shall have the authority to deal with any matter pertaining to the University and not specifically dealt with in this Act.
(2) The decision of the Board of Governors on all such matters shall be final.
Title: Laying of rules, Statutes, Ordinances and notifications.
(1) Every rule, Statute or Ordinance made and every notification issued under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every rule, Statute or Ordinance made and every notification issued under this Act, shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification or both Houses agree that the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification should not be made, the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification.
Title: Power to remove difficulties.
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions or give such directions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made under this section after the expiry of the period of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Transitional provisions.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act and the Statutes made thereunder,--
(a) the existing Director General of the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar shall be appointed by the Central Government as the first Vice-Chancellor of the University for a period of three years and he shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further period of three years;
(b) till such time the University constitutes such authorities or committees as may be required under the provisions of this Act, the existing committee or Board in the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar shall continue to exercise the respective roles or, as the case may be, till the Board of Governors determine;
(c) the existing Director of Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, New Delhi shall be appointed as the Campus Director for Delhi campus of the University till a regular Director is appointed by the University;
(d) the existing Registrar of the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar shall be appointed as the first Executive Registrar of the University, or, as the case may be, till the Board of Governors determine.