Section 36 in The National Forensic Sciences University Act, 2020
Title: Accounts and audit.
(1) The University shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the balance-sheet, in such form and accounting standard as may be specified, by notification, by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the University shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by it in connection with such audit shall be payable by it to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the University shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts, and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect the offices of the University.
(4) The accounts of the University as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Pension and provident funds.
(1) The University may constitute for the benefit of its employees such provident or pension fund or provide such insurance scheme as it may deem fit in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(2) Where any provident fund has been constituted under sub-section (1), the Central Government may declare that the provisions of the Provident Funds Act, 1925 (19 of 1925) shall apply to such fund as if it were a Government provident fund.
Title: Annual report of University.
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared by the Vice-Chancellor, which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objects and an outcome based assessment of the research being undertaken by it, and be submitted to the Board of Governors on or before such date as may be specified and the Board of Governors shall consider the report in its annual meeting.
(2) The annual report, as approved by the Board of Governors, shall be published and placed on the website of the University.
(3) The Vice-Chancellor shall prepare and release for every year a report, in English and in Hindi, the working of the University in the previous year on or before the expiry of nine months from the close of financial year, and a copy of the same, together with an audited statement of accounts showing the income and expenditure for the previous year shall be submitted to the Central Government within that stipulated time, and the same may be caused to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Appointments of officers of University.
All appointments of the employees of the University, except the Vice-Chancellor, shall be made in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Statutes, by—
(a) the Board of Governors, if the appointment is made on the academic staff in the post of Assistant Professor or above, or if the appointment is made on the non-academic staff in any post equivalent to Group 'A' and above, as the case may be;
(b) by the Vice-Chancellor, in any other case.
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the constitution, powers and functions of authorities and other bodies of the University, as may be constituted from time to time;
(b) the appointment and continuance in office of the members of the said authorities and bodies, the filling up of vacancies of members, and all other matters relating to those authorities and other bodies for which it may be necessary or desirable to provide;
(c) the appointment, powers and duties of the officers of the University and their emoluments;
(d) the appointment of teachers, academic staff from within the country or from outside the country, and other employees of the University, their emoluments and conditions of service;
(e) the appointment of teachers and academic staff working in any other University or organisation for a specific period for undertaking a joint project;
(f) the conditions of service of employees including provisions for pension, insurance, provident fund, manner of termination of service and disciplinary action;
(g) the principles governing the seniority of service of the employees of the University;
(h) the procedure for arbitration in cases of dispute between employees or students and the University;
(i) the procedure for appeal to the Board of Governors by any employee or student against the action of any officer or authority of the University;
(j) the conferment of affiliation to a college or an institution or a Department under the University;
(k) the establishment and abolition of Schools, departments, centers, halls, colleges and institutions;
(l) the conferment of honorary degrees;
(m) the withdrawal of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions;
(n) the management of campuses and affiliated colleges by the University;
(o) the delegation of powers vested in the authorities or officers of the University;
(p) the maintenance of discipline among the employees and students; and
(q) any other matter, which by this Act are to be, or may be, laid down in the Statutes.