Section 28 in The National Forensic Sciences University Act, 2020
Title: Finance Committee.
(1) The Finance Committee shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) Vice-Chancellor, who shall be the Chairperson of the Committee;
(b) two members of the Board of Governors, of which one shall be ex officio member to be nominated by the Board of Governors;
(c) all Campus Directors;
(d) one expert in the field of finance to be nominated by the Board of Governors;
(e) Dean of any one School of the University, in rotation, as may be nominated by the Board of Governors.
(2) The Executive Registrar shall be the Secretary of the Finance Committee.
(3) The term of office of the members nominated under clauses (b), (d) and (e) shall be three years and the said members shall be eligible for re-nomination.
Title: Powers of Finance Committee.
Save as otherwise provided in this Act, the Finance Committee shall exercise the following powers and perform the following functions, namely:--
(a) to examine the annual accounts and annual budget estimates of the University and to advise the Board of Governors thereof;
(b) to review from time to time the financial position of the University;
(c) to make recommendations to the Board of Governors on all financial policy matters of the University;
(d) to make recommendations to the Board of Governors on all proposals involving raising of funds, receipts and expenditure;
(e) to provide guidelines for investment of surplus funds;
(f) to make recommendations to the Board of Governors on all proposals involving expenditure for which no provision has been made in the budget or for which expenditure in excess of the amount provided in the budget needs to be incurred;
(g) to examine all proposals relating to the revision of pay scales, upgradation of the pay scales and those items which are not included in the budget prior to placing before the Board of Governors; and
(h) to exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be conferred or imposed upon it by this Act or the Statutes or Ordinances made thereunder.
Title: Board for Affiliation and Recognition.
(1) The Board for Affiliation and Recognition shall be responsible for admitting colleges and institutions to the privileges of the University.
(2) The constitution of the Board for Affiliation and Recognition, the term of office of its members and its powers and functions shall be such as may be laid down in the Statutes.
Title: Other officers of University.
The Board of Governors may, by Statutes, declare such other authorities or officers of the University and specify the powers, functions and duties of each such authority or officer, as the case may be.
Title: Grants by Central Government.
For the purpose of enabling the University to discharge its functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the University, in each financial year, such sums of money in such manner as it may deem fit.