Section 20 in The National Forensic Sciences University Act, 2020
Title: Officers of University.
The following shall be the officers of the University, namely:--
(b) Campus Directors;
(d) Executive Registrar; and
(e) such other persons in the service of the University as may be laid down in the Statutes, to be the officers of the University.
Title: Vice Chancellor.
(1) The Central Government may, in consultation with such State Governments as it deems fit, by notification, appoint the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
(2) A person shall be qualified to be appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of the University, if he is—
(i) a person of eminence in the field of forensic sciences;
(ii) associated in administration of criminal justice, development matters, education, philanthropy, industrial or business development or exemplary administration in the central services, State services, corporations or public bodies at national and international levels.
(3) The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a period of three years and shall be eligible for reappointment for another term or till he attains the age of seventy years.
(4) The other terms and conditions of the Vice-Chancellor shall be such as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(5) The Vice-Chancellor may resign from his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Chancellor and such a resignation shall take effect from the date of acceptance by the Chancellor.
Title: Powers of Vice Chancellor.
(1) The Vice-Chancellor shall have, subject to the provisions of this Act, power to cause an inspection or review to be made by such person or persons as he may direct, of the University, its buildings, hostels, libraries, equipment and systems and processes and of any institution or center maintained by the University, and also of the examinations, teaching, research and other works conducted or done by the University and to cause an inquiry to be made in like manner in respect of any matter connected with the administration, academic affairs and finance of the University.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions, the Vice-Chancellor shall—
(i) preside at the meetings of the Board of Governors, Academic Council, Board for Affiliation and Recognition and Finance Committee;
(ii) be the principal academic and executive officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision and control over the affairs of the University and give effect to the decisions of all the authorities of the University;
(iii) be responsible for imparting of instructions and maintenance of discipline in the University;
(iv) submit annual reports and accounts to the Board of Governors;
(v) ensure that decisions taken by the Board of Governors are implemented;
(vi) have the power to delegate some of his powers to any of his subordinates under intimation to the Board of Governors;
(vii) nominate a Director of the University to perform his functions during the period of his leave;
(viii) have all financial powers of the Secretary to the Government of India for the purposes of rules of the Government, in so far as they are applicable or may be made applicable to the conduct of the business of the University, subject to the additional power that may be delegated by the Board of Governors from time to time;
(ix) exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by or under this Act or the Statutes or Ordinances or as may be delegated to him by the Board of Governors.
(3) If the post of the Vice-Chancellor remains vacant for any reason, it shall be open to the Chancellor to authorise a senior regular professor in the service of the University or any other appropriate person possessing the qualification provided under sub-section (2) of section 21 to exercise such powers, functions and duties of the Vice-Chancellor during such vacancy.
(4) Where any matter is of urgent nature requiring immediate action and the same cannot be immediately dealt with by the authority or body of the University empowered under this Act to deal with it, the Vice-Chancellor may take such action as he may deem fit and shall forthwith report the action so taken by him to the authority or body of the University who or which, in the ordinary course, would have dealt with the matter:
Provided that if such authority or other body is of the opinion that such action ought not to have been taken by the Vice-Chancellor, it may refer the matter to the Board of Governors which may either confirm the action taken by the Vice-Chancellor or annul the same or modify it in such manner as it thinks fit, and thereupon the action shall cease to have effect or, as the case may be, shall take effect in such modified form, and such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done by or under the order of the Vice-Chancellor.
(5) Where the exercise of the power by the Vice-Chancellor under sub-section (4) involves the appointment of any person, such appointment shall be confirmed by the competent authority in the University empowered to approve such appointment in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the Statutes made thereunder, within a period of one year from the date of order of the Vice-Chancellor, otherwise such appointment shall cease to have effect on the expiration of a period of one year from the date of order of the Vice-Chancellor.
Title: Campus Directors.
(1) The Campus Directors of the University shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor with the approval of the Board of Governors in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(2) The Campus Directors shall assist the Vice-Chancellor in managing the academic, administrative and other affairs of the campus of University, and shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be laid down in the Statutes or entrusted to them by the Vice-Chancellor.
(1) The Deans of each School of the University shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor on such terms and conditions as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(2) The Deans shall assist the Vice-Chancellor, Executive Registrar and respective Campus Directors in managing the academic and other affairs of the Schools of the University and shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be laid down in the Statutes or entrusted to them by the Vice-Chancellor.