Section 16 in The National Forensic Sciences University Act, 2020
Title: Powers of Board of Governors.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Board of Governors shall be responsible for the general superintendence, direction and the control of affairs of the University and shall exercise all the powers of the University not otherwise provided by this Act, Statutes or Ordinances and shall have the power to review the acts of the Academic Council and the Finance Committee and other committees or authorities of the University.
(i) take decisions on question of policy relating to the administration and working of the University;
(ii) institute courses of study in the University;
(iii) make Statutes;
(iv) modify or cancel Statutes;
(v) create posts and appoint persons to academic as well as other posts in the University and determine salary structure and the terms and conditions of different cadres of employees;
(vi) consider and pass resolutions on the annual report, annual accounts and the budget estimates of the University for every financial year;
(vii) invest money and funds of the University and to take decision on the recommendations of the Finance Committee;
(viii) publish or finance the publication of studies, treaties, books, periodicals, reports and other literature from time to time and to sell or arrange for the sale as it may deem fit;
(ix) appoint such committees as it considers necessary for the exercise of its powers and performance of its duties under this Act;
(x) appoint Campus Directors;
(xi) consider and approve the proposals recommended by the Board for Affiliation and Recognition;
(xii) delegate any of its power to the Directors, Deans, Executive Registrar or any other officer, employee or to any authority of the University or to a committee appointed by it; and
(xiii) exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be conferred or imposed upon it by or under this Act or the Statutes or Ordinances made thereunder for achieving the objects of the University.
(3) The Board of Governors shall meet at least two times in a year and the presence of at least six members shall form the quorum for a meeting of the Board of Governors.
Title: Terms of office of members of Board of Governors.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of a nominated member of the Board of Governors under clause (g) of sub-section (1) of section 15 shall be three years from the date of his nomination.
(2) A nominated member of the Board of Governors shall be eligible for re-nomination for the next term.
(3) A nominated member of the Board of Governors may resign from his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Chairperson and his resignation shall take effect from the date it is accepted by the Chairperson.
(4) The term of office of an ex officio member of the Board of Governors shall continue so long as he holds the office by the virtue of which he is a member.
Title: Academic Council.
(1) The Academic Council of the University shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(i) Vice-Chancellor--Chairperson, ex officio;
(ii) two academicians or professionals to be nominated by the Board of Governors --members;
(iii) two academicians or professionals in the field of forensic science to be nominated by the Board of Governors--members;
(iv) Director-cum-Chief Forensic Scientist, Directorate of Forensic Science Services, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India--member, ex officio;
(v) Campus Directors--members, ex officio;
(vi) one Dean or professor or associate professor from each discipline of the School, by rotation, to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor--members, ex officio;
(vii) two representatives of industry or industry bodies in related sectors to be nominated by the Board of Governors--members.
(2) The Executive Registrar shall be the Secretary of the Council.
(3) The term of office of the members nominated under clauses (ii), (iii), (vi) and (vii) of sub-section (1) shall be three years, and the members shall be eligible for re-nomination for the next term.
Title: Powers of Academic Council.
Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes made thereunder, the Academic Council of the University shall exercise the following powers and perform following functions, namely:--
(i) to specify the academic policies of the University and be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of standards of instruction, education and evaluation in the University;
(ii) to consider matters of general academic interest either on its own initiative or on a reference from the faculty of the University or the Board of Governors and to take appropriate action thereof;
(iii) to review and recommend to the Board of Governors regarding proposals received from the Board for Affiliation and Recognition;
(iv) to make Ordinances;
(v) to recommend to the Board of Governors, to make such Statutes as are consistent with this Act regarding the academic functioning of the Institute including discipline of students; and
(vi) to exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Statutes or Ordinances.
Title: Officers of University.
The following shall be the officers of the University, namely:--
(b) Campus Directors;
(d) Executive Registrar; and
(e) such other persons in the service of the University as may be laid down in the Statutes, to be the officers of the University.