Section 12 in The National Forensic Sciences University Act, 2020
Title: Authorities of University.
The following shall be the authorities of the University, namely:--
(c) Board of Governors;
(d) Academic Council;
(e) Board for Affiliation and Recognition;
(f) Finance Committee; and
(g) such other authorities as may laid down in the Statutes to be the authorities of the University.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, appoint a person of eminence as the Chancellor of the University in consultation with such State Governments as it deems fit.
(2) The Chancellor shall, by virtue of his office, be the Head of the University and shall preside at the convocations of the University held for conferring degrees.
(3) The Chancellor may invite any person or persons of eminence to advise the University in relation to the affairs of the University as and when necessary.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, the Chancellor may order or undertake an inspection or inquiry, if he deems it necessary.
(5) The Chancellor shall have such other powers as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification, constitute a Court for the University to be headed by the Chancellor.
(2) The members of the Court shall be nominated by the Central Government, in consultation with such State Governments as it deems fit, from amongst persons of eminence, including from the fields of forensics, bio-technology, criminal justice, law enforcement, technology and academia.
(3) The term of office of members of the Court shall be such as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(4) The Vice-Chancellor shall be the convenor of the Court.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Court shall have the following powers and perform the following functions, namely:--
(a) to review, from time to time, the broad policies and programmes of the University, and to suggest measures for the improvement and development of the University;
(b) to consider and pass resolutions on the annual report and the annual accounts of the University and the audit report on such accounts; and
(c) to perform such other functions as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(6) The Court shall meet at least once in a year.
Title: Board of Governors.
(1) The Board of Governors of the University shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) Vice-Chancellor--Chairperson,ex officio;
(b) Financial Adviser, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India--member, ex officio;
(c) one representative of the Ministry of Home Affairs in the Government of India not below the rank of Joint Secretary--member, ex officio;
(d) an officer of the Home Department, not below the rank of the Secretary to the Government of Gujarat--member, ex officio;
(e) Registrar General of the High Court of Gujarat--member, ex officio;
(f) Director-cum-Chief Forensic Scientist, Director of Forensic Science Services, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India--member,ex officio;
(g) five persons of eminence selected from the fields of forensic science, law, enforcement, criminology, computer science, engineering, technology, management, forensic medicine and pharmacy, to be nominated by the Central Government, in consultation with such State Governments as it deems fit--members;
(h) all Campus Directors of the University--members, ex officio.
(2) The Executive Registrar shall be the Secretary of the Board.
(3) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be assigned to him by or under this Act or the Statutes.
Title: Powers of Board of Governors.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Board of Governors shall be responsible for the general superintendence, direction and the control of affairs of the University and shall exercise all the powers of the University not otherwise provided by this Act, Statutes or Ordinances and shall have the power to review the acts of the Academic Council and the Finance Committee and other committees or authorities of the University.
(i) take decisions on question of policy relating to the administration and working of the University;
(ii) institute courses of study in the University;
(iii) make Statutes;
(iv) modify or cancel Statutes;
(v) create posts and appoint persons to academic as well as other posts in the University and determine salary structure and the terms and conditions of different cadres of employees;
(vi) consider and pass resolutions on the annual report, annual accounts and the budget estimates of the University for every financial year;
(vii) invest money and funds of the University and to take decision on the recommendations of the Finance Committee;
(viii) publish or finance the publication of studies, treaties, books, periodicals, reports and other literature from time to time and to sell or arrange for the sale as it may deem fit;
(ix) appoint such committees as it considers necessary for the exercise of its powers and performance of its duties under this Act;
(x) appoint Campus Directors;
(xi) consider and approve the proposals recommended by the Board for Affiliation and Recognition;
(xii) delegate any of its power to the Directors, Deans, Executive Registrar or any other officer, employee or to any authority of the University or to a committee appointed by it; and
(xiii) exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be conferred or imposed upon it by or under this Act or the Statutes or Ordinances made thereunder for achieving the objects of the University.
(3) The Board of Governors shall meet at least two times in a year and the presence of at least six members shall form the quorum for a meeting of the Board of Governors.