Section 59 in The National Commission for Indian System of Medicine Act, 2020
Title: Transitory provisions.
(1) The Commission shall be the successor in interest to the Central Council of Indian Medicine including its subsidiaries or owned trusts and all the assets and liabilities of the Central Council of Indian Medicine shall be deemed to have been transferred to the Commission.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970 (48 of 1970), the Medical standards, requirements and other provisions of the Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970 and the rules and regulations made thereunder shall continue to be in force and operate till new standards or requirements are specified under this Act or the rules and regulations made thereunder:
Provided that anything done or any action taken as regards the medical standards and requirements under the enactment under repeal and the rules and regulations made thereunder shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provision of this Act and shall continue in force accordingly unless and until superseded by anything or by any action taken under this Act.
(3) The Central Government may take such appropriate measure as may be necessary for smooth transition of the dissolved Central Council of Indian Medicine to the corresponding to new Commission under this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the National Forensic Sciences University Act, 2020.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1. 1st October, 2020, vide notification No. S.O. 3424(E), dated 30th August, 2020, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Declaration of National Forensic Sciences University as an institution of national importance.
Whereas the objects of the National Forensic Sciences University are such as to make it an institution of national importance, it is hereby declared that the National University of Forensic Sciences is an institution of national importance.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University referred to in section 18;
(b) "academic staff" means teachers and such categories of staff as are designated to be academic staff by the Statutes;
(c) "affiliated college" means an institution recognised as such by the Board of Governors in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the Statutes made thereunder;
(d) "Board of Governors" means the Board of Governors of the University referred to in section 15;
(e) "campus" means the campus of the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University situated at Gandhinagar, Gujarat, and that of the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences situated at Rohini, New Delhi, or such other campus as may be established by the University at any place within India or outside India;
(f) "Chancellor" means the Chancellor of the University;
(g) "college" means a college or institution maintained or admitted to the privileges of the University for imparting education and training in forensic sciences or its related disciplines;
(h) "Court" means the Court of the University referred to in section 14;
(i) "Dean", in relation to any School campus, means the Dean of such School campus;
(j) "department" means an academic department of the University;
(k) "distance education system" means the system of imparting education through any means of communication such as broadcasting, telecasting, internet, correspondence courses, seminars, contact programmes or the combination of any two or more such means;
(l) "employee" means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers, other academic and non-academic staff of the University;
(m) "Executive Registrar" means the Executive Registrar of the University referred to in section 25;
(n) "Finance Committee" means the Finance Committee of the University referred to in section 28;
(o) "Fund" means the Fund of University referred to in section 35;
(p) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(q) "School" means a school of study of the University;
(r) "Statutes" and "Ordinances" mean, respectively, the Statutes and Ordinances of the University made under this Act;
(s) "student" means a student of the University and its affiliated colleges, and includes any person who has enrolled for pursuing any course of study in the University;
(t) "teachers" means Directors, Deans, professors, associate professors, assistant professors and such other persons as may be appointed for imparting instruction or conducting research or for giving guidance for research or rendering assistance to students, in the University or in any college or institution maintained by the University;
(u) "University" means the National Forensic Sciences University established under this Act;
(v) "Vice-Chancellor" means the Vice-Chancellor of the University referred to in section 21.
Title: Establishment and incorporation of University.
(1) The Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat established under the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University Act, 2008 (Gujrat Act 17 of 2018), and the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, New Delhi shall be established as an University by the name of National Forensic Sciences University.
(2) The National Forensic Sciences University shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The headquarters of the University shall be at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
(4) The campuses of the University shall include the campuses situated at Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat and the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, New Delhi and such other campuses as the Central Government may, by notification, specify.
(5) The first Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, Board of Governors, Academic Council, Directors, Deans, Executive Registrar and all other persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, shall constitute the University.