Section 4 in The Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act, 1937
Title: Rule-making power.
(1) The State Government may make rules to carry into effect the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) for prescribing the authority before whom and the form in which declaration under this Act shall be made;
(b) for prescribing the fees to be paid for the filing of declarations and for the attendance at private residences of any person in the discharge of his duties under this Act; and for prescribing the times at which such fees shall be payable and the manner in which they shall be levied.
(3) Rules made under the provisions of this section shall be published, in the Official Gazette and shall thereupon have effect as if enacted in this Act.
1[(4) Every rule made by the State Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as it is made, before the State Legislature.]
1. Ins. by Act 20 of 1983, s. 2 and the Schedule (w.e.f. 15-3-1984).
[Dissolution of marriage by Court in certain circumstances.]-- Rep. by the Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939 (8 of 1939), s. 6 (w.e.f. 17-3-1939).
1[The undermentioned provisions] of the Acts and Regulations mentioned below shall be repealed in so far as they are inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, namely:--
(1) Section 26 of the Bombay Regulation IV of 1827;
(2) Section 16 of the Madras Civil Courts Act, 1873 (3 of 1873);
2** * * *
(4) Section 3 of the Oudh Laws Act, 1876 (18 of 1876);
(5) Section 5 of the Punjab Laws Act, 1872 (4 of 1872);
(6) Section 5 of the Central Provinces Laws Act, 1875 (20 of 1875); and
(7) Section 4 of the Ajmere Laws Regulation, 1877 (3 of 1877).
1. Subs. by Act 16 of 1943, s. 3, for "Provisions" (w.e.f. 7-4-1943).
2. Entry (3) omitted by s. 3, ibid. (w.e.f. 7-4-1943).
Title: Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the National Commission for Homoeopathy Act, 2020.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint:
Provided that different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the coming into force of that provision.
1. 7th October, 2020 - S. 3, 4, 5, 6, 8,11, 18, 19, 20,21, 54 and 55, vide notification No. S.O. 3475(E), see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Autonomous Board" means any of the Autonomous Boards constituted under section 18;
(b) "Board of Ethics and Registration for Homoeopathy" means the Board constituted under section 18;
(c) "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the National Commission for Homoeopathy appointed under section 5;
(d) "Commission" means the National Commission for Homoeopathy constituted under section 3;
(e) "Council" means the Advisory Council for Homoeopathy constituted under section 11;
(f) "Homoeopathy" means the Homoeopathic System of Medicine and includes the use of bio chemic remedies supplemented by such modern advances, scientific and technological development as the Commission may, in consultation with the Central Government, declare by notification from time to time;
(g) "Homoeopathy Education Board" means the Board constituted for Homoeopathy education under section 18;
(h) "licence" means a licence to practice Homoeopathy granted under sub-section (1) of section 33;
(i) "Medical Assessment and Rating Board for Homoeopathy" means the Board for assessment and rating of medical institutions constituted under section 18;
(j) "medical institution" means any institution within or outside India which, grants degrees, diplomas or licences in Homoeopathy and includes affiliated colleges and deemed to be Universities;
(k) "Member" means a Member of the Commission referred to in section 4 and includes the Chairperson thereof;
(l) "National Register" means a National Medical Register for Homoeopathy maintained by the Board of Ethics and Registration for Homoeopathy under section 32;
(m) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette and the expression "notify" shall be construed accordingly;
(n) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(o) "President" means the President of an Autonomous Board appointed under section 20;
(p) "regulations" means the regulation made by the Commission under this Act;
(q) "State Medical Council" means a State Medical Council of Homoeopathy constituted under any law for the time being in force in any State or Union territory for regulating the practice and registration of practitioners of Homoeopathy;
(r) "State Register" means a State register for Homoeopathy maintained under any law for the time being in force in any State or Union territory for registration of practitioners of Homoeopathy;
(s) "University" shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (f) of section 2 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956) and includes a health university.