Section 3E in The Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897
Title: Compensation for acts of violence.
1[3E. Compensation for acts of violence.--(1) In addition to the punishment provided for an offence under sub-section (2) or sub-section (3) of section 3, the person so convicted shall also be liable to pay, by way of compensation, such amount, as may be determined by the Court for causing hurt or grievous hurt to any healthcare service personnel.
(2) Notwithstanding the composition of an offence under section 3B, in case of damage to any property or loss caused, the compensation payable shall be twice the amount of fair market value of the damaged property or the loss caused, as may be determined by the Court.
(3) Upon failure to pay the compensation awarded under sub-sections (1) and (2), such amount shall be recovered as an arrear of land revenue under the Revenue Recovery Act, 1890 (1 of 1890).]
1. Ins. by s. 7, ibid. (w.e.f. 22-4-2020).
Title: Protection to persons acting under Act.
No suit or other legal proceeding shall lie against any person for anything done or in good faith intended to be done under this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Act, 2020.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1. 15th October, 2020, vide notification No. S.O. 3608(E), dated 14th October, 2020, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Declaration of institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda as an institution of national importance.
It is hereby declared that the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda incorporated under this Act shall be an institution of national importance.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Anteceding Institutions" means the Institute of Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar, Shree Gulabkunverba Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Jamnagar and the Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jamnagar;
(b) "Department of Swasthvritta" means the Maharishi Patanjali Institute for Yoga Naturopathy Education and Research, Jamnagar, a constituent institute of the Gujarat Ayurveda University, to be established as a Department of the Institute;
(c) "Director" means the Director of the Institute appointed under sub-section (1) of section 11;
(d) "Fund" means the Fund of the Institute maintained under section 15;
(e) "Governing Body" means the body constituted under sub-section (1) of section 10;
(f) "Gujarat Ayurved University" means the University established and incorporated under the Gujarat Ayurved University Act, 1965 (40 of 1965);
(g) "Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jamnagar" means an institution established by the Gujarat Ayurveda University for conducting Pharmacy courses in Ayurveda and includes the Pharmacy Unit established for preparation of Ayurvedic drugs for use in hospital of the Institute;
(h) "Institute" means the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda established by conglomerating Anteceding Institutions and incorporated under section 4;
(i) "Institute of Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar" means a national institute for postgraduate courses in Ayurveda established and funded by the Government of India, but maintained by the Gujarat Ayurveda University under a lease agreement entered between the Government of India and that University;
(j) "member" means a member of the Institute;
(k) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(l) "regulation" means a regulation made by the Institute.
(m) "Shree Gulabkunverba Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Jamnagar" means a constituent institute of the Gujarat Ayurveda University for conducting undergraduate courses in Ayurveda