Section 25 in The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Title: Office space and other employees for Town Vending Committee.
The local authority shall provide the Town Vending Committee with appropriate office space and such employees as may be prescribed.
Title: Publication of street vendor’s charter and data-base and carrying out of social audit.
(1) Every Town Vending Committee shall publish the street vendor's charter specifying therein the time within which the certificate of vending shall be issued to a street vendor and the time within which such certificate of vending shall be renewed and other activities to be performed within the time limit specified therein.
(2) Every Town Vending Committee shall maintain up to date records of registered street vendors and street vendors to whom certificate of vending has been issued containing name of such street vendor, stall allotted to him, nature of business carried out by him, category of street vending and such other particulars which may be relevant to the street vendors, in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) Every Town Vending Committee shall carry out social audit of its activities under the Act or the rules or the schemes made there under in such form and manner as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Prevention of harassment by police and other authorities.
Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, no street vendor who carries on the street vending activities in accordance with the terms and conditions of his certificate of vending shall be prevented from exercising such rights by any person or police or any other authority exercising powers under any other law for the time being in force.
Title: Penalty for contraventions.
If any street vendor—
(a) indulges in vending activities without a certificate of vending;
(b) contravenes the terms of certificate of vending; or
(c) contravenes any other terms and conditions specified for the purpose of regulating street vending under this Act or any rules or schemes made thereunder,
he shall be liable to a penalty for each such offence which may extend up to rupees two thousand as may be determined by the local authority
Title: Provisions of this Act, not to be construed as conferring ownership rights, etc.
(1) Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed as conferring upon a street vendor any temporary, permanent or perpetual right of carrying out vending activities in the vending zones allotted to him or in respect of any place on which he carries on such vending activity.
(2) Nothing contained in sub-section (1) shall apply to any stationery vendor, if a temporary leasehold or ownership right has been conferred on him by a lease deed or otherwise, in respect of a place at specific location where he carries on such vending activity in accordance with the provisions of any law for the time being in force for carrying out such vending activity.