Section 24 in The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Title: Temporary association of persons with Town Vending Committee for particular purposes.
(1) The Town Vending Committee may associate with itself in such manner and for such purposes, as may be prescribed, any person whose assistance or advice it may desire, in carrying out any of the provisions of this Act.
(2) A person associated under sub-section (1) shall be paid such allowances as maybe prescribed.
Title: Office space and other employees for Town Vending Committee.
The local authority shall provide the Town Vending Committee with appropriate office space and such employees as may be prescribed.
Title: Publication of street vendor’s charter and data-base and carrying out of social audit.
(1) Every Town Vending Committee shall publish the street vendor's charter specifying therein the time within which the certificate of vending shall be issued to a street vendor and the time within which such certificate of vending shall be renewed and other activities to be performed within the time limit specified therein.
(2) Every Town Vending Committee shall maintain up to date records of registered street vendors and street vendors to whom certificate of vending has been issued containing name of such street vendor, stall allotted to him, nature of business carried out by him, category of street vending and such other particulars which may be relevant to the street vendors, in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) Every Town Vending Committee shall carry out social audit of its activities under the Act or the rules or the schemes made there under in such form and manner as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Prevention of harassment by police and other authorities.
Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, no street vendor who carries on the street vending activities in accordance with the terms and conditions of his certificate of vending shall be prevented from exercising such rights by any person or police or any other authority exercising powers under any other law for the time being in force.
Title: Penalty for contraventions.
If any street vendor—
(a) indulges in vending activities without a certificate of vending;
(b) contravenes the terms of certificate of vending; or
(c) contravenes any other terms and conditions specified for the purpose of regulating street vending under this Act or any rules or schemes made thereunder,
he shall be liable to a penalty for each such offence which may extend up to rupees two thousand as may be determined by the local authority