Section 20 in The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Title: Redressal of grievances or resolution of disputes of street vendors.
(1) The appropriate Government may constitute one or more committees consisting of a Chairperson who has been a civil judge or a judicial magistrate and two other professional shaving such experience as may be prescribed for the purpose of deciding the applications received under sub-section (2):
Provided that no employee of the appropriate Government or the local authority shall be appointed as members of the committee.
(2) Every street vendor who has a grievance or dispute may make an application in writing to the committee constituted under sub-section (1) in such form and manner as maybe prescribed.
(3) On receipt of grievance or dispute under sub-section (2), the committee referred to in sub-section (1) shall, after verification and enquiry in such manner, as may be prescribed, take steps for redressal of such grievance or resolution of such dispute, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(4) Any person who is aggrieved by the decision of the committee may prefer an appeal to the local authority in such form, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(5) The local authority shall dispose of the appeal received under sub-section (4) within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed:
Provided that the local authority shall, before disposing of the appeal, give an opportunity of being heard to the aggrieved person.
Title: Plan for street vending.
(1) Every local authority shall, in consultation with the planning authority and on the recommendations of the Town Vending Committee, once in every five years, prepare a plan to promote the vocation of street vendors covering the matters contained in the First Schedule.
(2) The plan for street vending prepared by the local authority shall be submitted to the appropriate Government for approval and that Government shall, before notifying the plan, determine the norms applicable to the street vendors.
Title: Town Vending Committee.
(1) The appropriate Government may, by rules made in this behalf, provide for the term and the manner of constituting a Town Vending Committee in each local authority:
Provided that the appropriate Government may, if considers necessary, provide for constitution of more than one Town Vending Committee, or a Town Vending Committee for each zone or ward, in each local authority.
(2) Each Town Vending Committee shall consist of:—
(a) Municipal Commissioner or Chief Executive Officer, as the case may be, who shall be the Chairperson; and
(b) such number of other members as may be prescribed, to be nominated by the appropriate Government, representing the local authority, medical officer of the local authority, the planning authority, traffic police, police, association of street vendors, market associations, traders associations, non-governmental organisations, community based organisations, resident welfare associations, banks and such other interests as it deems proper;
(c) the number of members nominated to represent the non-governmental organisations and the community based organisations shall not be less than ten per cent.;
(d) the number of members representing the street vendors shall not be less than forty per cent. who shall be elected by the street vendors themselves in such manner as may be prescribed:
Provided that one-third of members representing the street vendors shall be from amongst women vendors:
Provided further that due representation shall be given to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, minorities and persons with disabilities from amongst the members representing street vendors.
(3) The Chairperson and the members nominated under sub-section (2) shall receive such allowances as may be prescribed by the appropriate Government.
Title: Meetings of Town Vending Committee.
(1) The Town Vending Committee shall meet at such times and places within the jurisdiction of the local authority and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings, and discharge such functions, as may be prescribed.
(2) Every decision of the Town Vending Committee shall be notified along with the reasons for taking such decision.
Title: Temporary association of persons with Town Vending Committee for particular purposes.
(1) The Town Vending Committee may associate with itself in such manner and for such purposes, as may be prescribed, any person whose assistance or advice it may desire, in carrying out any of the provisions of this Act.
(2) A person associated under sub-section (1) shall be paid such allowances as maybe prescribed.