Section 17 in The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Title: Payment of maintenance charges.
Every street vendor shall pay such periodic maintenance charges for the civic amenities and facilities provided in the vending zones as may be determined by the local authority.
Title: Relocation or eviction of street vendors.
(1) The local authority may, on the recommendations of the Town Vending Committee, declare a zone or part of it to be a no-vending zone for any public purpose and relocate the street vendors vending in that area, in such manner as may be specified in the scheme.
(2) The local authority shall evict such street vendor whose certificate of vending has been cancelled under section 10 or who does not have a certificate of vending and vends without such certificate, in such manner as may be specified in the scheme.
(3) No street vendor shall be relocated or evicted by the local authority from the place specified in the certificate of vending unless he has been given thirty days' notice for the same in such manner as may be specified in the scheme.
(4) A street vendor shall be relocated or evicted by the local authority physically in such manner as may be specified in the scheme only after he had failed to vacate the place specified in the certificate of vending, after the expiry of the period specified in the notice.
(5) Every street vendor who fails to relocate or vacate the place specified in the certificate of vending, after the expiry of the period specified in the notice, shall be liable to pay for every day of such default, a penalty which may extend up to two hundred and fifty rupees, as may be determined by the local authority, but shall not be more than the value of goods seized.
Title: Seizure and reclaiming of goods.
(1) If the street vendor fails to vacate the place specified in the certificate of vending, after the lapse of the period specified in the notice given under sub-section (3) of section 18, the local authority, in addition to evicting the street vendor under section 18, may, if it deems necessary, seize the goods of such street vendor in such manner as may be specified in the scheme:
Provided that where any such seizure is carried out, a list of goods seized shall be prepared, as specified in the scheme, and a copy thereof, duly signed by the person authorised to seize the goods, shall be issued to the street vendor.
(2) The street vendor whose goods have been seized under sub-section (1) may, reclaim his goods in such manner, and after paying such fees, as may be specified in the scheme:
Provided that in case of non-perishable goods, the local authority shall release the goods within two working days of the claim being made by the street vendor and in case of perishable goods the local authority shall release the goods on the same day of the claim being made by the street vendor.
Title: Redressal of grievances or resolution of disputes of street vendors.
(1) The appropriate Government may constitute one or more committees consisting of a Chairperson who has been a civil judge or a judicial magistrate and two other professional shaving such experience as may be prescribed for the purpose of deciding the applications received under sub-section (2):
Provided that no employee of the appropriate Government or the local authority shall be appointed as members of the committee.
(2) Every street vendor who has a grievance or dispute may make an application in writing to the committee constituted under sub-section (1) in such form and manner as maybe prescribed.
(3) On receipt of grievance or dispute under sub-section (2), the committee referred to in sub-section (1) shall, after verification and enquiry in such manner, as may be prescribed, take steps for redressal of such grievance or resolution of such dispute, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(4) Any person who is aggrieved by the decision of the committee may prefer an appeal to the local authority in such form, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(5) The local authority shall dispose of the appeal received under sub-section (4) within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed:
Provided that the local authority shall, before disposing of the appeal, give an opportunity of being heard to the aggrieved person.
Title: Plan for street vending.
(1) Every local authority shall, in consultation with the planning authority and on the recommendations of the Town Vending Committee, once in every five years, prepare a plan to promote the vocation of street vendors covering the matters contained in the First Schedule.
(2) The plan for street vending prepared by the local authority shall be submitted to the appropriate Government for approval and that Government shall, before notifying the plan, determine the norms applicable to the street vendors.