Section 8 in The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Title: Vending fees.
Every street vendor who has been issued certificate of vending shall pay such vending fees as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Validity and renewal of certificate of vending.
(1) Every certificate of vending shall be valid for such period as may be specified in the scheme.
(2) Every certificate of vending shall be renewable for such period, in such manner, and on payment of such fees, as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Cancellation or suspension of certificate of vending.
Where a street vendor who has been issued a certificate of vending under this Act commits breach of any of the conditions thereof or any other terms and conditions specified or the purpose of regulating street vending under this Act or any rules or schemes made thereunder, or where the Town Vending Committee is satisfied that such certificate of vending has been secured by the street vendor through misrepresentation or fraud, the Town Vending Committee may, without prejudice to any other fine which may have been incurred by the street vendor under this Act, cancel the certificate of vending or suspend the same in such as may be specified in the scheme and for such period as it deems fit:
Provided that no such cancellation or suspension shall be made by the Town Vending Committee unless an opportunity of hearing has been given to the street vendor.
Title: Appeal from decision of Town Vending Committee.
(1) Any person who is aggrieved by any decision of the Town Vending Committee with respect to issue of certificate of vending under section 6 or cancellation or suspension of certificate of vending under section 10 may prefer an appeal to the local authority in such form, within such period, and in such manner, as may be prescribed.
(2) No appeal shall be disposed of by the local authority unless the appellant has been given an opportunity of hearing.
Title: Rights of street vendor.
(1) Every street vendor shall have the right to carry on the business of street vending activities in accordance with the terms and conditions mentioned in the certificate of vending.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), where any area or space, as the case may be, has been earmarked as no-vending zone, no street vendor shall carry out any vending activities in that zone.