Section 5 in The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Title: Conditions for issue of certificate of vending.
(1) Every street vendor shall give an undertaking to the Town Vending Committee prior to the issue of a certificate of vending under section 4, that—
(a) he shall carry on the business of street vending himself or through any of his family member;
(b) he has no other means of livelihood:
(c) he shall not transfer in any manner whatsoever, including rent, the certificate of vending or the place specified therein to any other person.
(2) Where a street vendor to whom a certificate of vending is issued dies or suffers from any permanent disability or is ill, one of his family member in following order of priority, may vend in his place, till the validity of the certificate of vending—
(a) spouse of the street vendor;
(b) dependent child of the street vendor:
Provided that where a dispute arises as to who is entitled to vend in the place of the vendor, the matter shall be decided by the committee under section 20.
Title: Categories of certificate of vending and issue of identity cards.
(1) The certificate of vending shall be issued under any of the following categories, namely:—
(a) a stationary vendor;
(b) a mobile vendor; or
(c) any other category as may be specified in the scheme.
(2) The certificate of vending issued for the categories specified in sub-section (1) shall be in such form, and issued in such manner, as may be specified in the scheme and specify the vending zone where the street vendor shall carry on his vending activities, the days and timings for carrying on such vending activities and the conditions and restriction subject to which he shall carry on such vending activities.
(3) Every street vendor who has been issued certificate of vending under sub-section (1) shall be issued identity cards in such form and manner as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Criteria for issuing certificate of vending.
The criteria to be followed by the Town Vending Committee for issuing certificate of vending to a street vendor shall be as specified in the scheme, which may, apart from other things, provide for preference to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, women, persons with disabilities, minorities or such other categories as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Vending fees.
Every street vendor who has been issued certificate of vending shall pay such vending fees as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Validity and renewal of certificate of vending.
(1) Every certificate of vending shall be valid for such period as may be specified in the scheme.
(2) Every certificate of vending shall be renewable for such period, in such manner, and on payment of such fees, as may be specified in the scheme.