Section 4 in The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014
Title: Issue of certificate of vending.
(1) Every street vendor, identified under the survey carried out under sub-section (1) of section 3, who has completed the age of fourteen years or such age as may be prescribed by the appropriate Government, shall be issued a certificate of vending by the Town Vending Committee, subject to such terms and conditions and within the period specified in the scheme including the restrictions specified in the plan for street vending:
Provided that a person, whether or not included under the survey under sub-section (1) of section 3, who has been issued a certificate of vending before the commencement of this Act, whether known as licence or any other form of permission (whether as a stationary vendor or a mobile vendor or under any other category) shall be deemed to be a street vendor for that category for the period for which he has been issued such certificate of vending.
(2) Where, in the intervening period between two surveys, any person seeks to vend, the Town Vending Committee may grant a certificate of vending to such person, subject to the scheme, the plan for street vending and the holding capacity of the vending zones.
(3) Where the number of street vendors identified under sub-section (1) or the number of persons seeking to vend under sub-section (2) are more than the holding capacity of the vending zone and exceeds the number of persons to be accommodated in that vending zone, the Town Vending Committee shall carry out a draw of lots for issuing the certificate of vending for that vending zone and the remaining persons shall be accommodated in any adjoining vending zone to avoid relocation.
Title: Conditions for issue of certificate of vending.
(1) Every street vendor shall give an undertaking to the Town Vending Committee prior to the issue of a certificate of vending under section 4, that—
(a) he shall carry on the business of street vending himself or through any of his family member;
(b) he has no other means of livelihood:
(c) he shall not transfer in any manner whatsoever, including rent, the certificate of vending or the place specified therein to any other person.
(2) Where a street vendor to whom a certificate of vending is issued dies or suffers from any permanent disability or is ill, one of his family member in following order of priority, may vend in his place, till the validity of the certificate of vending—
(a) spouse of the street vendor;
(b) dependent child of the street vendor:
Provided that where a dispute arises as to who is entitled to vend in the place of the vendor, the matter shall be decided by the committee under section 20.
Title: Categories of certificate of vending and issue of identity cards.
(1) The certificate of vending shall be issued under any of the following categories, namely:—
(a) a stationary vendor;
(b) a mobile vendor; or
(c) any other category as may be specified in the scheme.
(2) The certificate of vending issued for the categories specified in sub-section (1) shall be in such form, and issued in such manner, as may be specified in the scheme and specify the vending zone where the street vendor shall carry on his vending activities, the days and timings for carrying on such vending activities and the conditions and restriction subject to which he shall carry on such vending activities.
(3) Every street vendor who has been issued certificate of vending under sub-section (1) shall be issued identity cards in such form and manner as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Criteria for issuing certificate of vending.
The criteria to be followed by the Town Vending Committee for issuing certificate of vending to a street vendor shall be as specified in the scheme, which may, apart from other things, provide for preference to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, women, persons with disabilities, minorities or such other categories as may be specified in the scheme.
Title: Vending fees.
Every street vendor who has been issued certificate of vending shall pay such vending fees as may be specified in the scheme.