Section 42 in The School of Planning and Architecture Act, 2014
Title: Transitional provisions.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act—
(a) the Board of Governors of every School functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so function until a new Board is constituted for that School under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Board under this Act, the Members of the Board holding office before the constitution shall cease to hold office;
(b) every Academic Council constituted in relation to every School before the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to be the Senate constituted under this Act until a Senate is constituted under this Act for that School but on the constitution of the new Senate under this Act, the Members of the Academic Council holding office before such constitution shall cease to hold office;
(c) the Board of Governors, Finance Committee, Academic Council, Executive Council, Building and Works Committee and such other Committees of every School functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so function until a new Board is constituted for the School under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Board under this Act, the Members of the Board of Governors, Finance Committee, Academic Council, Building and Works Committee and such other Committees holding office before such constitution shall cease to hold office;
(d) any student who joined classes of the existing School on or after the academic year 2008- 2009 or completed the course on or after the academic year 2011-2012 shall for the purpose of clause (c) of sub-section (1) of section 7, be deemed to have pursued a course of study in the existing Schools located at Bhopal and Vijayawada only if such student has not already been awarded degree or diploma for the same course of study.
Title: Short title, extent, commencement and provisions.
(1) This Act may be called the Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint; and different dates may be appointed for different States and any reference in any provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed in relation to any State as a reference to the coming into force of that provision in that State.
(4) The provisions of this Act shall not apply to any land, premises and trains owned and controlled by the Railways under the Railway Act, 1989 (24 of 1989).
1 1st May, 2014, vide notification No. S.O. 1185 (E), dated 1st May, 2014, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Sec. 3(ii).
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "appropriate Government" means in respect of matters relating to,--
(i) a Union territory without Legislature, the Central Government;
(ii) the Union territories with Legislature, the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi or, as the case may be, the Government of Union territory of Puducherry;
(iii) a State, the State Government;
(b) "holding capacity" means the maximum number of street vendors who can in any vending zone and has been determined as such by the local authority on the commendations of the Town Vending Committee;
(c) "local authority" means a Municipal Corporation or a Municipal Council or a Nagar Panchayat, by whatever name called, or the Cantonment Board, or as the case may be, a civil area committee appointed under section 47 of the Cantonment Act, 2006(41 of 2006)or such other body entitled to function as a local authority in any city or town to provide civic services and regulate street vending and includes the "planning authority" which regulates the land use in that city or town;
(d) "mobile vendors" means street vendors who carry out vending activities in designated area by moving from one place to another place vending their goods and services;
(e) "natural market" means a market where sellers and buyers have traditionally congregated for the sale and purchase of products or services and has been determine das such by the local authority on the recommendations of the Town Vending Committee;
(f) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette and the term notify shall be construed accordingly;
(g) "planning authority" means an Urban Development Authority or any other authority in any city or town designated by the appropriate Government as responsible for regulating the land use by defining the precise extent of areas for any particular activity in the master plan or development plan or zonal plan or layout plan or any other spatial plan which is legally enforceable under the applicable Town and Country Planning Act or the Urban Development Act or the Municipal Act, as the case may be;
(h) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act by the appropriate Government;
(i) "Schedule" means the Schedule annexed to this Act;
(j) "scheme" means a scheme framed by the appropriate Government under section 38;
(k) "stationary vendors" means street vendors who carry out vending activities on regular basis at a specific location;
(l) "street vendor" means a person engaged in vending of articles, goods, wares, food items or merchandise of everyday use or offering services to the general public, in a street, lane, sidewalk, footpath, pavement, public park or any other public place or private area, from a temporary built up structure or by moving from place to place and includes hawker, peddler, squatter and all other synonymous terms which may be local or region specific; and the words "street vending" with their grammatical variations and cognate expressions, shall be construed accordingly;
(m) T"own Vending Committee" means the body constituted by the appropriate Government under section 22;
(n) "vending zone" means an area or a place or a location designated as such by the local authority, on the recommendations of the Town Vending Committee, for the specific use by street vendors for street vending and includes footpath, side walk, pavement, embankment, portions of a street, waiting area for public or any such place considered suitable for vending activities and providing services to the general public.
(2) Any reference in this Act to any enactment or any provision thereof, shall, in relation to an area in which such enactment or such provision is not in force be construed as a reference to the corresponding law, if any, in force in that area.
Title: Survey of street vendors and protection from eviction or relocation.
(1) The Town Vending Committee shall, within such period and in such manner as may be specified in the scheme, conduct a survey of all existing street vendors, within the area under its jurisdiction, and subsequent survey shall be carried out at least once in every five years.
(2) The Town Vending Committee shall ensure that all existing street vendors, identified in the survey, are accommodated in the vending zones subject to a norm conforming to two and half per cent. of the population of the ward or zone or town or city, as the case may be, in accordance with the plan for street vending and the holding capacity of the vending zones.
(3) No street vendor shall be evicted or, as the case may be, relocated till the survey specified under sub-section (1) has been completed and the certificate of vending is issued to all street vendors
Title: Issue of certificate of vending.
(1) Every street vendor, identified under the survey carried out under sub-section (1) of section 3, who has completed the age of fourteen years or such age as may be prescribed by the appropriate Government, shall be issued a certificate of vending by the Town Vending Committee, subject to such terms and conditions and within the period specified in the scheme including the restrictions specified in the plan for street vending:
Provided that a person, whether or not included under the survey under sub-section (1) of section 3, who has been issued a certificate of vending before the commencement of this Act, whether known as licence or any other form of permission (whether as a stationary vendor or a mobile vendor or under any other category) shall be deemed to be a street vendor for that category for the period for which he has been issued such certificate of vending.
(2) Where, in the intervening period between two surveys, any person seeks to vend, the Town Vending Committee may grant a certificate of vending to such person, subject to the scheme, the plan for street vending and the holding capacity of the vending zones.
(3) Where the number of street vendors identified under sub-section (1) or the number of persons seeking to vend under sub-section (2) are more than the holding capacity of the vending zone and exceeds the number of persons to be accommodated in that vending zone, the Town Vending Committee shall carry out a draw of lots for issuing the certificate of vending for that vending zone and the remaining persons shall be accommodated in any adjoining vending zone to avoid relocation.