Section 32 in The School of Planning and Architecture Act, 2014
Title: Tribunal of Arbitration.
(1) Any dispute arising out of a contract between a School and any of its employees shall, at the request of the employee concerned or at the instance of the School, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one Member appointed by the School, one Member nominated by the employee, and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(2) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final and shall not be questioned in any court.
(3) No suit or proceeding shall lie in any court in respect of any matter, which is required by subsection (1) to be referred to the Tribunal of Arbitration.
(4) The Tribunal of Arbitration shall have power to regulate its own procedure:
Provided that the Tribunal shall have regard to the principles of natural justice while making such procedure.
(5) Nothing in any other law for the time being in force relating to arbitration shall apply to arbitrations under this section.
Title: Establishment of Council for Schools.
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, specify in this behalf, there shall be established for all Schools specified in column (3) of the Schedule, a central body to be called the Council.
(2) The Council shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) the Minister in charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the technical education, ex officio, as Chairperson;
(b) two Members of the Parliament of India (one Member to be nominated by the Speaker of Lok Sabha and one member to be nominated by the Chairman of Rajya Sabha), ex officio;
(c) the Secretary to the Government of India in charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the technical education, ex officio, as ViceChairperson;
(d) the Chairperson of every Board, ex officio;
(e) the Director of every School, ex officio;
(f) the Chairman, University Grants Commission, ex officio;
(g) the President, Council of Architecture, New Delhi, ex officio;
(h) the President, Institute of Town Planners, India, ex officio;
(i) the Chairman, Indian Institute of Architects, ex officio;
(j) the President, Institution of Surveyors of India, ex officio;
(k) two Secretaries to the Government of India to represent the Ministries or Departments of the Central Government dealing with Urban Development and Defence, ex officio;
(l) the Chairman, All India Council for Technical Education, ex officio;
(m) three persons to be nominated by the Visitor, at least one of whom shall be a woman, having special knowledge or practical experience in respect of Architecture or Landscape Architecture or Urban Design and one from Urban and Regional Planning, ex officio;
(n) two Secretaries to the State Government, from amongst the Ministries or Departments of that Government dealing with technical education where the Schools are located, ex officio;
(o) Financial Advisor, dealing with the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of the Central Government, ex officio; and
(p) one officer not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the Technical Education, ex officio, as Member Secretary.
(3) The Council shall have a Secretariat with officials to be appointed by the Statutes.
(4) The Council, may, constitute a Standing Committee of the School of Planning and Architecture Council to assist the Council in discharge of its duties and responsibilities.
Title: Term of office of vacancies among, and allowances payable to, Members of Council.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a Member of the Council, other than an ex officio Member, shall be three years from the date of notification.
(2) The terms of office of an ex officio Member shall continue so long as he holds office by virtue of which he is such a Member.
(3) The term of office of a member nominated under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 33 shall expire as soon as he ceases to be Member of the House, which elected him.
(4) The term of office of a Member of the Council nominated or elected to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the Member in whose place he has been appointed.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section an outgoing Member of the Council shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is appointed as a Member in his place.
(6) The members of the Council shall be entitled to such travelling and other allowances, as may be prescribed, for attending meetings of the Council or the Committees thereof.
Title: Functions of Council.
(1) It shall be the general duty of the Council to co-ordinate the activities of all the Schools.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Council shall perform the following functions, namely:
(a) to advise on policy matters relating to the duration of the courses, the degrees and other academic distinctions to be conferred by the Schools, admission standards and other academic matters;
(b) to recommend to the Central Government, proposals for establishment of new Schools of Planning and Architecture;
(c) to deliberate on such matters of common interest to Schools as may be referred to it by any School;
(d) to lay down policy regarding cadres, methods of recruitment and conditions of service of employees, institution of scholarships and freeships, levying of fees and other matters of common interest;
(e) to examine the development plans of each School and to approve such of them as are considered necessary and also to indicate broadly the financial implications of such approved plans;
(f) to advise the Visitor, if so required, in respect of any function to be performed by him under this Act; and
(g) to perform such other functions as may be referred to it by the Central Government:
Provided that nothing in this section shall derogate the powers and functions vested in the Board or Senate or other authorities of a School.
Title: Chairperson of Council.
(1) The Chairperson of the Council shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Council:
Provided that in his absence, the Vice-Chairperson of the Council shall preside at the meetings of the Council.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Chairperson of the Council to ensure that the decisions taken by the Council are implemented.
(3) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as are assigned to him by this Act.
(4) The Council shall meet once in every year and follow such procedure in its meetings as may be prescribed.