Section 30 in The School of Planning and Architecture Act, 2014
Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances of every School may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the admission of the students to the School;
(b) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees and diplomas of the School;
(c) the conditions under which students shall be admitted to the degree or diploma courses and to the examinations of the School, and shall be eligible for degrees and diplomas;
(d) the conditions of award of the fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(e) the conditions and mode of appointment and duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(f) the conduct of examinations;
(g) the maintenance of discipline among the students of the School; and
(h) any other matter which by this Act or the Statutes is to be or may be provided for by the Ordinances.
Title: Ordinances how made.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, Ordinances shall be made by the Senate.
(2) All Ordinances made by the Senate shall have effect from such date as it may direct, but every Ordinance so made shall be submitted, as soon as may be, to the Board and shall be considered by the Board at its next meeting.
(3) The Board shall have power by resolution to modify or cancel any such Ordinance and such Ordinance shall from the date of such resolution stand modified accordingly or cancelled, as the case may be.
Title: Tribunal of Arbitration.
(1) Any dispute arising out of a contract between a School and any of its employees shall, at the request of the employee concerned or at the instance of the School, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one Member appointed by the School, one Member nominated by the employee, and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(2) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final and shall not be questioned in any court.
(3) No suit or proceeding shall lie in any court in respect of any matter, which is required by subsection (1) to be referred to the Tribunal of Arbitration.
(4) The Tribunal of Arbitration shall have power to regulate its own procedure:
Provided that the Tribunal shall have regard to the principles of natural justice while making such procedure.
(5) Nothing in any other law for the time being in force relating to arbitration shall apply to arbitrations under this section.
Title: Establishment of Council for Schools.
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, specify in this behalf, there shall be established for all Schools specified in column (3) of the Schedule, a central body to be called the Council.
(2) The Council shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) the Minister in charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the technical education, ex officio, as Chairperson;
(b) two Members of the Parliament of India (one Member to be nominated by the Speaker of Lok Sabha and one member to be nominated by the Chairman of Rajya Sabha), ex officio;
(c) the Secretary to the Government of India in charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the technical education, ex officio, as ViceChairperson;
(d) the Chairperson of every Board, ex officio;
(e) the Director of every School, ex officio;
(f) the Chairman, University Grants Commission, ex officio;
(g) the President, Council of Architecture, New Delhi, ex officio;
(h) the President, Institute of Town Planners, India, ex officio;
(i) the Chairman, Indian Institute of Architects, ex officio;
(j) the President, Institution of Surveyors of India, ex officio;
(k) two Secretaries to the Government of India to represent the Ministries or Departments of the Central Government dealing with Urban Development and Defence, ex officio;
(l) the Chairman, All India Council for Technical Education, ex officio;
(m) three persons to be nominated by the Visitor, at least one of whom shall be a woman, having special knowledge or practical experience in respect of Architecture or Landscape Architecture or Urban Design and one from Urban and Regional Planning, ex officio;
(n) two Secretaries to the State Government, from amongst the Ministries or Departments of that Government dealing with technical education where the Schools are located, ex officio;
(o) Financial Advisor, dealing with the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of the Central Government, ex officio; and
(p) one officer not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of the Technical Education, ex officio, as Member Secretary.
(3) The Council shall have a Secretariat with officials to be appointed by the Statutes.
(4) The Council, may, constitute a Standing Committee of the School of Planning and Architecture Council to assist the Council in discharge of its duties and responsibilities.
Title: Term of office of vacancies among, and allowances payable to, Members of Council.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a Member of the Council, other than an ex officio Member, shall be three years from the date of notification.
(2) The terms of office of an ex officio Member shall continue so long as he holds office by virtue of which he is such a Member.
(3) The term of office of a member nominated under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 33 shall expire as soon as he ceases to be Member of the House, which elected him.
(4) The term of office of a Member of the Council nominated or elected to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the Member in whose place he has been appointed.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section an outgoing Member of the Council shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is appointed as a Member in his place.
(6) The members of the Council shall be entitled to such travelling and other allowances, as may be prescribed, for attending meetings of the Council or the Committees thereof.