Section 17 in The School of Planning and Architecture Act, 2014
Title: Functions of Senate.
(1) Subject to the provision of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, the Senate of a School shall be the principal academic body of the School and be responsible for the maintenance of standards of instruction, education and examination in the School and shall have such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Statutes.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Senate shall have the following powers, namely:—
(a) to specify the criteria and process for admission to courses or programmes of study offered by the School;
(b) to recommend to the Board for creation of teaching and other academic posts, determination of the number and emoluments of such posts and defining the duties and conditions of service of teachers and other academic posts;
(c) to recommend to the Board for the commencement of new programmes and courses of study;
(d) to specify the broad academic content of programmes and courses of study and to undertake modifications therein;
(e) to specify the academic calendar and approve grant of degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions or titles;
(f) to exercise such other powers and discharge such other functions as may be assigned to it, by Statutes or by the Board.
Title: Chairperson of Board.
(1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside at the meeting of the Board and at the convocations of the School.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Chairperson to ensure that the decisions taken by the Board are implemented.
(3) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes.
(1) The Director of a School shall be appointed by the Central Government with the prior approval of the Visitor, on such terms and conditions of service as may be provided by the Statutes.
(2) The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the School and shall be responsible for the implementation of the decisions of the Board and Senate and day-to-day administration of the School.
(3) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or delegated by the Board or the Senate or the Ordinances.
(4) The Director shall submit annual reports and audited accounts to the Board.
(1) The Registrar of every School shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, the common seal, the funds of the School and such other property of the School as the Board shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the Board, Senate and such committees as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.
Title: Other authorities and officers.
The powers and duties of authorities and officers other than those mentioned above shall be determined by the Statutes.