Section 9 in The School of Planning and Architecture Act, 2014
Title: Teaching at Schools.
All teaching at each of the Schools shall be conducted by or in the name of the School in accordance with the Statutes and Ordinances made in this behalf.
Title: School to be a distinct legal entity not-for-profit.
Each School shall be a not-for-profit legal entity and no part of the surplus, if any, in revenue of such School, after meeting all expenditure in regard to its operations under this Act, shall be invested for any purpose other than for the growth and development of such School or for conducting research therein.
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of every School.
(2) The Visitor may appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of any School and to hold inquiries into the affairs thereof and to report thereon in such manner as the Visitor may direct.
(3) Upon receipt of any such report, the Visitor may take such action and issue such directions as he considers necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt with in the report and the School shall be bound to comply with such directions within reasonable time.
Title: Authorities of Schools.
The following shall be the authorities of a School, namely:—
(a) a Board of Governors;
(b) a Senate; and
(c) such other authorities as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the School.
Title: Board of Governors.
(1) The Board of each School shall be the principal executive body of that School.
(2) The Board of every School shall consist of the following Members, namely:—
(a) Chairperson to be appointed by the Visitor from among a panel of three names recommended by the Central Government who shall be an eminent Architect or Planner;
(b) Principal Secretary or Secretary, Technical Education or Higher Education of the respective State Government or Union territory in which the School is situated;
(c) one representative from the Institute of Town Planners, India to be nominated by the President of the Institute of Town Planners, India;
(d) one representative from the Council of Architecture to be nominated by the President of the Council of Architecture;
(e) a representative from the All India Council for Technical Education to be nominated by the Chairman of All India Council of Technical Education;
(f) a representative of the University Grants Commission;
(g) one expert from the professions of architecture or landscape architecture or urban design and one from Urban and Regional Planning nominated by the Council of School of Planning and Architecture;
(h) two representatives from Senate; one each from Department of Planning and Department of Architecture, by rotation, for a period of two years, in order of seniority;
(i) two persons not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India to be nominated by the Central Government from amongst persons dealing with technical education and finance or their nominee, ex officio;
(j) one person not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India to be nominated by the Government of India, Ministry of Urban Development;
(k) the Director of the School, Member, ex officio;
(l) the Registrar of the School shall act as a Secretary to the Board.