Section 44 in The Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University Act, 2014
Title: Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament.
(1) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation should not be made, the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute, Ordinance or Regulation.
(3) The power to make Statutes, Ordinances or Regulations shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the Statutes, Ordinances or Regulations or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute, Ordinance or Regulation so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statutes, Ordinances or Regulations may be applicable.
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the School of Planning and Architecture Act, 2014.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act, and any reference to the commencement in any such provision of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the commencement of that provision.
1. 22nd January, 2015, vide notification No. S.O. 212(E), dated 22nd January, 2015, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Declaration of certain Schools as Institutions of national importance.
Whereas the objects of the Schools mentioned in the Schedule are such as to make them Institutions of national importance, it is hereby declared that each such School is an Institution of national importance.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) "Board", in relation to any School, means the Board of Governors thereof;
(b) "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the Board;
(c) "Corresponding School", in relation to a School mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule, means the School as specified against the said School in column (5) of the Schedule;
(d) "Council" means the Council established under sub-section (1) of section 33;
(e) "Director", in relation to any School, means the Director thereof;
(f) "existing School" means the School mentioned under column (3) of the Schedule;
(g) "Member" means a Member of the Board and includes the Chairperson;
(h) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette and the expression "notify" with its grammatical variations and cognate expressions shall be construed accordingly;
(i) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(j) "Registrar", in relation to any School, means the Registrar thereof;
(k) "Schedule" means the Schedule annexed to this Act;
(l) "School" means any of the Schools mentioned in column (5) of the Schedule and such other Schools established under this Act;
(m) "Senate", in relation to any School, means the Senate thereof;
(n) "Society" means any of the societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) or under the societies of respective State Governments and mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule;
(o) "Statutes" and "Ordinances", in relation to any School, means the Statutes and Ordinance of that School made under this Act.
Title: Establishment and incorporation of Schools.
On and from the date of commencement of this Act, the Schools specified in column (3) of the Schedule, shall be the body corporates having perpetual succession and a common seal with the power subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable and to contract and shall by their respective names mentioned in column (5) of the Schedule, sue or be sued.