Section 23 in The Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University Act, 2014
The University shall have such Faculties as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: The Board of Studies.
The constitution, powers and functions of the Board of Studies shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Other authorities.
The constitution, powers and functions of other authorities of the University referred to in clause (7) of section 17 shall be such as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Power to make Statutes.
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the constitution, powers and functions of the authorities of the University, as may be constituted from time to time;
(b) the appointment and continuance in office of the members of the said authorities, the filling up of vacancies of members, and all other matters relating to those authorities for which it may be necessary or desirable to provide;
(c) the appointment, powers and duties of the officers of the University and their emoluments;
(d) the appointment of teachers, academic staff and other employees of the University and their emoluments;
(e) the appointment of teachers and academic staff working in any other University or organisation for a specific period for undertaking a joint project;
(f) the conditions of service of employees including provision for pension, insurance and provident fund, the manner of termination of service and disciplinary action;
(g) the principles governing the seniority of service of employees of the University;
(h) the procedure for arbitration in cases of dispute between employees or students and the University;
(i) the procedure for appeal to the Board by any employee or student against the action of any officer or authority of the University;
(j) the establishment and abolition of Departments, centres, colleges and institutions;
(k) the conferment of honorary degrees;
(l) the withdrawal of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions;
(m) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(n) the delegation of powers vested in the authorities or officers of the University;
(o) the maintenance of discipline among the employees and students;
(p) all other matters which are to be, or may be, prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Statutes how to be made.
(1) The first Statutes are those set out in the Schedule.
(2) The Board may from time to time make Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Board shall not make, amend or repeal any Statute affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Board.
(3) Every Statute or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the assent of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent therefrom or remit it to the Board for consideration.
(4) A Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1) during the period of three years immediately after the commencement of this Act.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Board is unable to implement such direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Board for its inability to comply with such direction, make or amend the Statutes suitably.