Section 14 in The National Judicial Appointments Commission Act, 2014
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, after consultation with the Commission, by an order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of five years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University Act, 2014.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint
Title: Declaration of Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University as an institution of national importance
Whereas the objects of the institution known as the Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University are such as to make the institution one of national importance, it is hereby declared that the institution known as the Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University is an institution of national importance.
In this Act, and in all Statutes made hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) "Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) "Academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Ordinances;
(c) "agriculture" means the basic and applied sciences of the soil and water management, crop production including production of all garden crops, control of plants, pests and diseases, horticulture including floriculture, animal husbandry including veterinary and dairy science, fisheries, forestry including farm forestry, home-science, agricultural engineering and technology, marketing and processing of agricultural and animal husbandry products, land use and management;
(d) "Board" means the Board of Management of the University;
(e) "Board of Studies" means the Board of Studies of the University;
(f) "Bundelkhand" means the area covering six districts, namely Chhatarpur, Damoh, Datia, Panna, Sagar and Tikamgarh of Madhya Pradesh and seven districts, namely Banda, Chitrakoot, Hamirpur, Jalaun, Jhansi, Lalitpur and Mahoba of Uttar Pradesh;
(g) "Chancellor" means the Chancellor of the University;
(h) "college" means a constituent college of the University whether located at the headquarters, campus or elsewhere;
(i) "Department" means a Department of Studies of the University;
(j) "employee" means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers and other staff of the University;
(k) "extension education" means the educational activities concerned with the training of orchardists, farmers and other groups serving agriculture, horticulture, fisheries and improved practices related thereto and the various phases of scientific technology related to agriculture and agricultural production including post harvest technology and marketing;
(l) "Faculty" means Faculty of the University;
(m) "Ordinances" means the Ordinances of the University;
(n) "Regulations" means the Regulations made by any authority of the University;
(o) "Research Advisory Committee" means the Research Advisory Committee of the University;
(p) "Statutes" means the Statutes of the University;
(q) "Student" means a person enrolled in the University for undergoing a course of studies for obtaining a degree, diploma or other academic distinction duly instituted;
(r) "teachers" means Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Teaching Faculty Members and their equivalent appointed for imparting instruction or conducting research or extension education programmes or combination of these in the University, college or any institute maintained by the University and designated as teachers by the Ordinances;
(s) "University" means the Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University established under this Act;
(t) "Vice-Chancellor" means the Vice-Chancellor of the University;
(u) "Visitor” means the Visitor of the University.
Title: The University
(1) There shall be established a University by the name of the "Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University".
(2) The headquarters of the University shall be at Jhansi in the State of Uttar Pradesh and it may also establish campuses at such other places within its jurisdiction as it may deem fit:
Provided that the University shall establish two colleges in the State of Madhya Pradesh and two colleges at Jhansi in the State of Uttar Pradesh in the Bundelkhand Region.
(3) The first Chancellor and the first Vice-Chancellor and the first members of the Board, the Academic Council and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership are hereby constituted a body corporate by the name of the Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University.
(4) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said name.