Section 32 in The National Institutes of Design Act, 2014
Title: Arbitral Tribunal.
(1) Any dispute arising out of a contract 1[between an Institute] and any of its employees shall, at the request of the employee concerned or at the instance of the Institute, be referred to an Arbitral Tribunal consisting of one member appointed by the Institute, one member nominated by the employee and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(2) The decision of the Arbitral Tribunal shall be final and shall not be questioned in any court.
(3) No suit or proceeding shall lie in any court in respect of any matter which is required by subsection (1) to be referred to the Arbitral Tribunal.
(4) The Arbitral Tribunal shall have power to regulate its own procedure.
(5) Nothing in any law for the time being in force relating to arbitration shall apply to arbitration under this section.
1. Subs. by s. 26, ibid., for "between the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Acts and proceedings not to be invalidated by vacancies, etc.
No act of 1[any Institute] or Governing Council or Senate or any other authority, set up under this Act or the Statutes, shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or defect in the constitution thereof; or
(b) any defect in the election, nomination or appointment of a person acting as a member thereof; or
(c) any irregularity in its procedure not affecting the merits of the case.
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2019, s. 27, for "the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Sponsored schemes.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, whenever 1[an Institute receives] funds from any Government, the University Grants Commission or any other agency including industry sponsoring a research scheme or a consultancy assignment or a teaching programme or a Chaired Professorship or a scholarship, etc., to be executed or endowed at the Institute,--
(a) the amount received shall be kept by the Institute separately from the Fund of the Institute and utilised only for that purpose; and
(b) the staff required to execute the same shall be recruited in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated by the sponsoring organisations:
Provided that any money remaining unutilised shall be transferred to the Endowment Fund set up under section 24 of this Act.
1. Subs. by s. 28, ibid., for "the Institute receives" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Power of Institute to grant degrees, etc.
1[Every Institute] shall have the power to grant degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions under this Act, which shall be equivalent to such corresponding degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions granted by any University or Institute established or incorporated under any other law for the time being in force.
1. Subs. by s. 29, ibid., for "The Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Powers of Central Government to issue directions.
The Central Government may give such directions as it may deem necessary 1[to any Institute] for effective administration of this Act and the Institute shall comply with such directions.
1.Subs. by s. 30, ibid., for "to the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).