Section 29 in The National Institutes of Design Act, 2014
Title: Statutes how to be made.
(1) The first Statutes of 1[each Institute] shall be framed by the Governing Council with the previous approval of the Visitor and a copy of the same shall be laid as soon as may be before each House of Parliament.
(2) The Governing Council may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes in the manner hereinafter in this section provided.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the previous approval of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent therefrom or remit it to the Governing Council for reconsideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2019, s. 24, for "the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the 1[Ordinances of each Institute] may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) admission of the students to the Institute including Institute campus;
(b) reservation in admission to various courses or programmes of the Institute for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes;
(c) courses of study to be laid down for all degrees, diplomas and certificates of the Institute;
(d) conditions under which students shall be admitted to the degree, diploma and certificate courses and to the examinations of the Institute and award of degrees, diplomas and certificates;
(e) conditions for award of fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(f) conditions and mode of appointment and duties of examining body, examiners and moderators;
(g) conduct of examinations;
(h) maintenance of discipline among the students of the Institute; and
(i) any other matter which by this Act or the Statutes is to be or may be provided for by the Ordinances.
1. Subs. by s. 25, ibid., for "Ordinances of the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Ordinances how to be made.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, Ordinances shall be made by the Senate.
(2) All Ordinances made by the Senate shall have effect from such date as it may direct, but every Ordinance so made shall be submitted, as soon as may be, to the Governing Council and shall be considered by the Governing Council at its next meeting.
(3) The Governing Council shall have power by resolution to modify or cancel any such Ordinance and such Ordinance shall from the date of such resolution stand modified accordingly or cancelled, as the case may be.
Title: Arbitral Tribunal.
(1) Any dispute arising out of a contract 1[between an Institute] and any of its employees shall, at the request of the employee concerned or at the instance of the Institute, be referred to an Arbitral Tribunal consisting of one member appointed by the Institute, one member nominated by the employee and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(2) The decision of the Arbitral Tribunal shall be final and shall not be questioned in any court.
(3) No suit or proceeding shall lie in any court in respect of any matter which is required by subsection (1) to be referred to the Arbitral Tribunal.
(4) The Arbitral Tribunal shall have power to regulate its own procedure.
(5) Nothing in any law for the time being in force relating to arbitration shall apply to arbitration under this section.
1. Subs. by s. 26, ibid., for "between the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Acts and proceedings not to be invalidated by vacancies, etc.
No act of 1[any Institute] or Governing Council or Senate or any other authority, set up under this Act or the Statutes, shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or defect in the constitution thereof; or
(b) any defect in the election, nomination or appointment of a person acting as a member thereof; or
(c) any irregularity in its procedure not affecting the merits of the case.
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2019, s. 27, for "the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).