Section 25 in The National Institutes of Design Act, 2014
Title: Accounts and audit.
(1) 1[Every Institute] shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts, including the balance sheet, in such form as may be prescribed, in accordance with such general directions as may be issued by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Institute shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Institute to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Institute shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, generally has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts, and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any of the offices of the Institute.
(4) The accounts of the Institute as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
1. Subs. by s. 21, ibid., for "The Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Pension and provident fund.
(1) 1[Every Institute] shall constitute, for the benefit of its employees, including the Director, such pension, insurance and provident funds as it may deem fit, in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(2) Where any provident fund has been constituted under sub-section (1), the Central Government may declare that the provisions of the Provident Funds Act, 1925 (19 of 1925) shall apply to such fund as if it were a Government provident fund.
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2019, s. 22, for "The Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Appointment of staff.
All appointments of the staff of 1[an Institute], except that of the Director, shall be made in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Statutes by—
(a) the Governing Council, if the appointment is made on the academic staff in the post of 2[Principal Designer] or Professor or above or if the appointment is made on the non-academic staff in any cadre, the maximum of the pay-scale for which is the same or higher than that of 2[Principal Designer] or Professor; and
(b) the Director, in any other case.
1. Subs. by s. 23, ibid., for "the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
2. Subs. by s. 23, ibid., for "Senior Designer" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:––
(a) conferment of honorary degrees;
(b) formation of departments of teaching, establishment of workshops, laboratories and studios;
(c) fees to be charged for courses of study in the Institute including Institute campus and for admission to the examinations of degrees, diplomas and certificates of the Institute;
(d) institution of fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(e) qualifications of teachers of the Institute;
(f) classification, method of appointment and the determination of the terms and conditions of service of officers, teachers and other staff of the Institute;
(g) reservation of posts for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes of persons as may be determined by the Central Government;
(h) constitution of pension, insurance and provident funds for the benefit of the officers, teachers and other staff of the Institute;
(i) constitution, powers and duties of the authorities of the Institute and Institute campuses;
(j) establishment and maintenance of halls and hostels;
(k) conditions of residence of students of the Institute and the levying of the fees for residence in the halls and hostels and other charges;
(l) manner of filling up of vacancies among members of the Governing Council;
(m) allowances to be paid to the Chairperson and members of the Governing Council;
(n) authentication of the orders and decisions of the Governing Council;
(o) meetings of the Governing Council, Senate, or any Committee, the quorum at such meetings and the procedure to be followed in the conduct of their business;
(p) any other matter which by this Act is to be or may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Statutes how to be made.
(1) The first Statutes of 1[each Institute] shall be framed by the Governing Council with the previous approval of the Visitor and a copy of the same shall be laid as soon as may be before each House of Parliament.
(2) The Governing Council may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes in the manner hereinafter in this section provided.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the previous approval of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent therefrom or remit it to the Governing Council for reconsideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2019, s. 24, for "the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).