Section 18 in The National Institutes of Design Act, 2014
(1) The Director of 1[each of the Institutes] shall be appointed by the Central Government for a tenure of five years in such manner and on such terms and conditions of service as may be prescribed.
(2) The Director shall be appointed on the recommendations of the Selection Committee constituted by the Central Government.
(3) The Director shall be the principal executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for—
(a) proper administration of the Institute and for imparting of instructions and maintenance of discipline therein;
(b) co-ordination of activities of all the Institute campuses;
(c) examining the development plans of the Institute and each Institute campus and to approve such of them as are considered necessary and also to indicate broadly the financial implications of such approved plans; and
(d) examining the annual budget estimates of the Institute and each Institute campus and to recommend to the Central Government the allocation of funds for that purpose.
(4) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act, Statutes and Ordinances.
(5) The Director shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Governing Council.
(6) The Central Government shall have the power to remove the Director before expiry of his tenure, if it considers it appropriate to do so.
1. Subs. by s. 16, ibid., for "the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
(1) The Dean of each Institute campus shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub- section (1), the Dean of each Institute campus shall look after all academic, administrative, research and other activities of the Institute campus in consultation with the Director.
(1) The 1[Registrar of each Institute] shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, the common seal, the funds of the Institute and such other property of the Institute as the Governing Council shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the Governing Council, the Senate and such committees as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2019, s. 17, for "Registrar of the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Powers and duties of other authorities and officers.
The powers and duties of authorities and officers, other than those hereinbefore mentioned, shall be determined by the Statutes.
Title: Grants by Central Government.
For the purpose of 1[enabling an Institute] to discharge its functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Institute in each financial year such sums of money and in such manner as it may think fit.
1. Subs. by s. 18, ibid., for "enabling the Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).