Section 63 in The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
Title: Establishment of Lokayukta.
Every State shall establish a body to be known as the Lokayukta for the State, if not so established, constituted or appointed, by a law made by the State Legislature, to deal with complaints relating to corruption against certain public functionaries, within a period of one year from the date of commencement of this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the National 1[Institutes] of Design Act, 2014.
(2) It shall come into force on such date 2as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1. Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for "Institute" (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
2 16th September, 2014 vide notification No. S.O. 2393(E), dated 16th September, 2014, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Declaration of certain institutions as institutions of national importance.
1[Whereas the objects of the institutions mentioned in the Schedule, are such as to make them institutions of national importance, it is hereby declared that each such Institute is an institution of national importance].
1. Subs. by Act 38 of 2019, s. 4, for section 2 (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the Governing Council nominated under clause (a) of section 11;
(b) "Dean", in relation to any Institute campus, means the Dean of such Institute campus;
(c) "design" means a rational, logical and sequential innovative process for the purpose of transferring culture to viable products and services and for providing a competitive edge to products and services, and includes industrial design, communication design, textile and apparel design, lifestyle design, experiential design, exhibition design, craft and traditional sector design;
1[(d) "Director", in relation to any Institute, means the Director of such Institute as appointed under section 18;]
2[(e) "Fund", in relation to any Institute, means the Fund of such Institute as maintained under section 23;]
3[(f) "Governing Council", in relation to any Institute, means the Governing Council of such Institute as constituted under section 11;]
4[(g) "Institute" means any of the institutions mentioned in column (4) of the Schedule;]
5[(h) "Institute campus" means the campus of an Institute as may be established by such Institute at any place within India or outside India;]
(i) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(j) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
6[(k) "Registrar" in relation to any Institute, means the Registrar of such Institute as appointed under section 20];
7[(ka) "Schedule" means the Schedule annexed to this Act;]
8[(l) "Senate", in relation to any Institute, means the Senate of such Institute;]
9[(m) "Society" means any of the societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860), and mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule;]
10[(n) "Statutes" and "Ordinances", in relation to any Institute, mean the Statutes and the Ordinances of such Institute made under this Act.]
1. Subs. by s. 5, ibid., for clause (d) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
2. Subs. by s. 5, ibid., for clause (e) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
3. Subs. by s. 5, ibid., for clause (f) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
4. Subs. by s. 5, ibid., for clause (g) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
5. Subs. by s. 5, ibid., for clause (h) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
6. Subs. by Act 38 of 2019, s. 5, for clause (k) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
7. Ins. by s. 5, ibid. (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
8. Subs. by s. 5, ibid., for clause (l) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
9. Subs. by s. 5, ibid., for clause (m) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
10. Subs. by s. 5, ibid., for clause (n) (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).
Title: Incorporation of Institute.
1[(1) Each Institute shall be a body corporate by the same name as as mentioned in column (4) of the Schedule.
(2) Each Institute shall have perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The body corporate constituting each Institute shall consist of a Chairperson, Director and other members of the Governing Council for the time being, of the Institute.
(4) Any Institute may establish an Institute campus at such place within India or outside India, as it may deem fit:
Provided that each campus of the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, established before the commencement of this Act, at Bengaluru in the State of Karnataka and at Gandhinagar in the State of Gujarat, shall be deemed to be the Institute campus thereof.
Explanation.--The reference in this sub-section to the commencement of this Act shall, in relation to the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, be deemed to be the 16th day of September, 2014.]
1. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for section 4 (w.e.f. 13-1-2020).