Section 9 in The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
Title: Member to act as Chairperson or to discharge his functions in certain circumstances.
(1) In the event of occurrence of any vacancy in the office of the Chairperson by reason of his death, resignation or otherwise, the President may, by notification, authorise the senior-most Member to act as the Chairperson until the appointment of a new Chairperson to fill such vacancy.
(2) When the Chairperson is unable to discharge his functions owing to absence on leave or otherwise, the senior-most Member available, as the President may, by notification, authorise in this behalf, shall discharge the functions of the Chairperson until the date on which the Chairperson resumes his duties.
Title: Secretary, other officers and staff of Lokpal.
(1) There shall be a Secretary to the Lokpal in the rank of Secretary to Government of India, who shall be appointed by the Chairperson from a panel of names sent by the Central Government.
(2) There shall be a Director of Inquiry and a Director of Prosecution not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India or equivalent, who shall be appointed by the Chairperson from a panel of names sent by the Central Government.
(3) The appointment of officers and other staff of the Lokpal shall be made by the Chairperson or such Member or officer of Lokpal as the Chairperson may direct:
Provided that the President may by rule require that the appointment in respect of any post or posts as may be specified in the rule, shall be made after consultation with the Union Public Service Commission.
(4) Subject to the provisions of any law made by Parliament, the conditions of service of Secretary and other officers and staff of the Lokpal shall be such as may be specified by regulations made by the Lokpal for the purpose:
Provided that the regulations made under this sub-section shall, so far as they relate to salaries, allowances, leave or pensions, require the approval of the President.
Title: Inquiry Wing.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force, the Lokpal shall constitute an Inquiry Wing headed by the Director of Inquiry for the purpose of conducting preliminary inquiry into any offence alleged to have been committed by a public servant punishable under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 (49 of 1988):
Provided that till such time the Inquiry Wing is constituted by the Lokpal, the Central Government shall make available such number of officers and other staff from its Ministries or Departments, as may be required by the Lokpal, for conducting preliminary inquiries under this Act.
(2) For the purposes of assisting the Lokpal in conducting a preliminary inquiry under this Act, the officers of the Inquiry Wing not below the rank of the Under Secretary to the Government of India, shall have the same powers as are conferred upon the Inquiry Wing of the Lokpal under section 27.
Title: Prosecution Wing.
(1) The Lokpal shall, by notification, constitute a Prosecution Wing headed by the Director of Prosecution for the purpose of prosecution of public servants in relation to any complaint by the Lokpal under this Act:
Provided that till such time the Prosecution Wing is constituted by the Lokpal, the Central Government shall make available such number of officers and other staff from its Ministries or Departments, as may be required by the Lokpal, for conducting prosecution under this Act.
(2) The Director of Prosecution shall, after having been so directed by the Lokpal, file a case in accordance with the findings of investigation report, before the Special Court and take all necessary steps in respect of the prosecution of public servants in relation to any offence punishable under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 (49 of 1988).
(3) The case under sub-section (2), shall be deemed to be a report, filed on completion of investigation, referred to in section 173 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974).
Title: Expenses of Lokpal to be charged on Consolidated Fund of India.
The administrative expenses of the Lokpal, including all salaries, allowances and pensions payable to or in respect of the Chairperson, Members or Secretary or other officers or staff of the Lokpal, shall be charged upon the Consolidated Fund of India and any fees or other moneys taken by the Lokpal shall form part of that Fund.