Section 6 in The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
Title: Term of office of Chairperson and Members.
The Chairperson and every Member shall, on the recommendations of the Selection Committee, be appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal and hold office as such for a term of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of seventy years, whichever is earlier:
Provided that he may—
(a) by writing under his hand addressed to the President, resign his office; or
(b) be removed from his office in the manner provided in section 37.
Title: Salary, allowances and other conditions of service of Chairperson and Members.
The salary, allowances and other conditions of service of—
(i) the Chairperson shall be the same as those of the Chief Justice of India;
(ii) other Members shall be the same as those of a Judge of the Supreme Court:
Provided that if the Chairperson or a Member is, at the time of his appointment, in receipt of pension (other than disability pension) in respect of any previous service under the Government of India or under the Government of a State, his salary in respect of service as the Chairperson or, as the case may be, as a Member, be reduced—
(a) by the amount of that pension; and
(b) if he has, before such appointment, received, in lieu of a portion of the pension due to him in respect of such previous service, the commuted value thereof, by the amount of that portion of the pension:
Provided further that the salary, allowances and pension payable to, and other conditions of service of, the Chairperson or a Member shall not be varied to his disadvantage after his appointment.
Title: Restriction on employment by Chairperson and Members after ceasing to hold office.
(1) On ceasing to hold office, the Chairperson and every Member shall be ineligible for—
(i) reappointment as the Chairperson or a Member of the Lokpal;
(ii) any diplomatic assignment, appointment as administrator of a Union territory and such other assignment or appointment which is required by law to be made by the President by warrant under his hand and seal;
(iii) further employment to any other office of profit under the Government of India or the Government of a State;
(iv) contesting any election of President or Vice-President or Member of either House of Parliament or Member of either House of a State Legislature or Municipality or Panchayat within a period of five years from the date of relinquishing the post.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), a Member shall be eligible to be appointed as a Chairperson, if his total tenure as Member and Chairperson does not exceed five years.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this section, it is hereby clarified that where the Member is appointed as the Chairperson, his term of office shall not be more than five years in aggregate as the Member and the Chairperson.
Title: Member to act as Chairperson or to discharge his functions in certain circumstances.
(1) In the event of occurrence of any vacancy in the office of the Chairperson by reason of his death, resignation or otherwise, the President may, by notification, authorise the senior-most Member to act as the Chairperson until the appointment of a new Chairperson to fill such vacancy.
(2) When the Chairperson is unable to discharge his functions owing to absence on leave or otherwise, the senior-most Member available, as the President may, by notification, authorise in this behalf, shall discharge the functions of the Chairperson until the date on which the Chairperson resumes his duties.
Title: Secretary, other officers and staff of Lokpal.
(1) There shall be a Secretary to the Lokpal in the rank of Secretary to Government of India, who shall be appointed by the Chairperson from a panel of names sent by the Central Government.
(2) There shall be a Director of Inquiry and a Director of Prosecution not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India or equivalent, who shall be appointed by the Chairperson from a panel of names sent by the Central Government.
(3) The appointment of officers and other staff of the Lokpal shall be made by the Chairperson or such Member or officer of Lokpal as the Chairperson may direct:
Provided that the President may by rule require that the appointment in respect of any post or posts as may be specified in the rule, shall be made after consultation with the Union Public Service Commission.
(4) Subject to the provisions of any law made by Parliament, the conditions of service of Secretary and other officers and staff of the Lokpal shall be such as may be specified by regulations made by the Lokpal for the purpose:
Provided that the regulations made under this sub-section shall, so far as they relate to salaries, allowances, leave or pensions, require the approval of the President.