Section 47 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2014
Title: Institute to be public authority under Right to Information Act.
The provisions of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005) shall apply to each Institute, defined in clause (h) of section 2 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Title: Transitional provisions.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act—
(a) the Board of Governors of an Institute functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so function until a new Board is constituted for that Institute under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Board under this Act, the members of the Board holding office before the commencement of this Act shall cease to hold office;
(b) every Senate constituted in relation to every Institute before the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to be the Senate constituted under this Act until a Senate is constituted under this Act for the Institute, but on the constitution of the new Senate under this Act, the members of the Senate holding office before the commencement of this Act shall cease to hold office;
(c) the Statutes, Ordinances, rules, regulations and bye-laws of each existing Institute as in force, immediately before the commencement of this Act, shall continue to apply to the corresponding institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act until the first Statutes and the Ordinances are made under this Act;
(d) any student who joined classes of the existing Institute on or after the academic year 2007-2008 or completed the course on or after the academic year 2010-2011 shall for the purpose of clause (c) of sub-section (1) of section 7, be deemed to have pursued a course of study in the existing Institute located at Kancheepuram only if such student has not already been awarded degree or diploma for the same course of study.
(2) The Central Government may, without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), if it considers necessary and expedient to do so, by notification, take such measures which may be necessary for the transfer of the existing Institute mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule to the corresponding Institute mentioned under column (5) of the Schedule.
Title: Power to remove difficulties.
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act the Central Government, may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as may appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of the period of three years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be, after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Laying of rules and notification.
Every rule made and every notification issued by the Central Government under this Act, shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made or issued, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or notification or both Houses agree that the rule or notification should not be made or issued, the rule or notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule or notification.
Title: Short title, extent, application and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall apply to public servants in and outside India.
(4) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 16th January, 2014, vide notification No. S.O. 119 (E), dated 16th January, 2014, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).