Section 36 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2014
Title: Ordinances how to be made.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, Ordinances shall be made by the Senate.
(2) All Ordinances made by the Senate shall have effect from such date as it may direct, but every Ordinance so made shall be submitted, as soon as may be, to the Board and shall be considered by the Board at its next meeting.
(3) The Board shall have power by resolution to modify or cancel any such Ordinance and such Ordinance shall from the date of such resolution stand modified accordingly or cancelled, as the case may be.
Title: Tribunal of Arbitration.
(1) (a) Any dispute arising out of a contract between a Institute and any of its employees shall, at the request of the employee concerned or at the instance of the Institute, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Institute, one member nominated by the employee, and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(b) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final and shall not be questioned in any court.
(c) No suit or proceeding shall lie in any court in respect of any matter, which is required by sub-section (1) to be referred to the Tribunal of Arbitration.
(d) The Tribunal of Arbitration shall have power to regulate its own procedure:
Provided that the Tribunal shall have regard to the principles of natural justice while making such procedure.
(e) Nothing in any law for the time being in force relating to arbitration shall apply to arbitrations under this section.
(2) Any student or candidate for an examination whose name has been removed from the rolls of the Institute by the orders or resolution of the Director of the Institute and who has been debarred from the appearing at the examinations of the Institute for more than one year, may within ten days of the date of receipt of such resolution by him, appeal to the Board of Governors who may confirm, modify or reverse the decision of the Director.
(3) Any dispute arising out of any disciplinary action taken by the Institute against a student shall, at the request of such student, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration and the provisions of sub-section (1) shall, as far as may be, apply to a reference made under this sub-section.
(4) Every employee or student of the Institute, notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, have a right to appeal within such time as may be prescribed by the Statutes, to the Board of Governors against the decision of any officer or authority of the Institute as the case may be and thereupon the Board of Governors may confirm, modify or reverse the decision appealed against.
Title: Annual report of Director.
(1) There shall be attached to every statement of accounts laid before the Board of each Institute, a report by its Director, with respect to—
(a) the state of affairs of such Institute;
(b) the amounts, if any, which it proposes to carry to any surplus reserves in its balance sheet;
(c) the extent to which understatement or overstatement of any surplus of income over expenditure or any shortfall of expenditure over income has been indicated in the auditors report and the reasons for such understatement or overstatement;
(d) the productivity of research projects undertaken by the Institute measured in accordance with such norms as may be specified by any statutory regulatory authority;
(e) appointments of the officers and teachers of the Institute;
(f) benchmark and internal standards set by the Institute, including the nature of innovations in teaching, research and application of knowledge.
(2) The Director shall also be bound to give the complete information and explanations in its report aforesaid on every reservation, qualification or adverse remark contained in the auditors' report.
Title: Annual report of each Institute.
(1) The annual report of each Institute shall be prepared under the direction of the Board, which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the Institute towards the fulfilment of its objects and an outcome based assessment of the research being undertaken in such Institute, and be submitted to the Board on or before such date as may be specified and the Board shall consider the report in its annual meeting.
(2) The annual report on its approval by the Board shall be published on the website of the Institute.
(3) The annual report of each Institute shall be submitted to the Central Government who shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Council of Institutes.
(1) In order that there may be better coordination between the Institutes, the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish, with effect from such date as may be specified in the notification, there shall be established for all the Institutes specified in column (5) of the Schedule, a central body to be called the Council.
(2) The Council shall consist of the following, namely:—
(i) the Minister of the Central Government in charge of technical education, who shall be the Chairperson of the Council, ex officio;
(ii) two members of Parliament of India (one member to be nominated by Speaker of Lok Sabha and one member to be nominated by Chairperson of Rajya Sabha), ex officio;
(iii) Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education;
(iv) the Chairpersons of each of the Institutes, ex officio;
(v) the Directors of each of the Institutes, ex officio;
(vi) the Director-General, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, ex officio;
(vii) three persons to be nominated by the Central Government, one each to represent the Ministry concerned with Finance, Science and Technology and Information Technology;
(viii) three persons to be nominated by Visitor, who shall be persons having special knowledge or practical experience in respect of industry, academia, engineering, alumni and social sciences to be nominated by the Council from a panel comprised of two names recommended by each Institute;
(ix) one representative of University Grants Commission;
(x) one representative of All India Council of Technical Education; and
(xi) Chairperson, Central Board of Secondary Education.
(3) An officer of the Department of Higher Education, Government of India, concerned with technical education shall be nominated by that Government to act as the Secretary of the Council.
(4) The Council may, at its discretion, constitute a Standing Committee of the Indian Institute of Information Technology Council to assist the Council in discharge of its duties and responsibilities.
(5) The expenditure on the Council shall be met by the Central Government.