Section 25 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2014
(1) The Registrar of every Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, the common seal, the funds of the Institute and such other property of the Institute as the Board shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the Board, Senate and such committees as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.
Title: Other authorities and officers
(1) The Board may, by Statutes, declare such other posts as authorities of the Institute and specify the duties and function of each such authority.
(2) The Board may constitute such authorities as it may deem fit for proper management of affairs of the Institute.
Title: Review of performance of Institute.
(1) Each Institute shall, within five years from the establishment and incorporation of Institute under this Act and thereafter at the expiration of every fifth year, constitute, with the prior approval of the Central Government, a Committee to evaluate and review the performance of the Institute in achievement of its objects in the said period.
(2) The Committee under sub-section (1) shall consist of members of acknowledged repute in academia or industry, drawn from such fields of knowledge as may have relevance to teaching, learning and research in such Institute.
(3) The Committee shall assess the performance of Institute and make recommendations on—
(a) the extent of fulfilment of the objects of the Institute referred to in section 6, as demonstrated by the state of teaching, learning and research and its contribution to society;
(b) the promotion of transformational research and its impact on industry and society;
(c) the advancement of fundamental research beyond the current frontiers of knowledge;
(d) the establishment of the Institute as amongst the global leaders in the area of information technology;
(e) such other matters as the Board may specify.
(4) The Board shall consider the recommendations referred to in sub-section (3) and take such action on it as it may deem fit:
Provided that the recommendations of the Committee along with an explanatory memorandum on the action taken or proposed to be taken, specifying the reasons thereof, shall be submitted to the Central Government.
Title: Grants by Central Government.
(1) For the purposes of enabling the Institutes to discharge their functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to each Institute in every financial year such sums of money in such manner as it may think fit.
(2) The Central Government shall provide to each Institute, grants of such sums of money as are required to meet the expenditure on scholarships or fellowships instituted by it, including scholarships or fellowships for students from socially and educationally backward classes of citizens enrolled in such Institute.
Title: Fund of Institute.
(1) Every Institute shall maintain a fund to which shall be credited:—
(a) all monies provided by the Central Government or State Government, as the case may be;
(b) all fees and other charges received by the Institute from students;
(c) all monies received by the Institute by way of grants, gifts, donations, benefactions, bequests or transfers;
(d) all monies received by the Institute from utilisation of intellectual property arising from research conducted or provision of advisory or consultancy services by it; and
(e) all monies received by the Institute in any other manner or from any other source.
(2) The fund of every Institute shall be applied towards meeting the expenses of the Institute, including expenses incurred in the exercise of its powers and discharge of its duties under this Act, furtherance of research in the Institute or in collaboration with other educational institutions or industry and for capital investment aimed at the growth and development of the Institute.