Section 70 in The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014
Title: Provisions as to Andhra Pradesh State Financial Corporation.
(1) The Andhra Pradesh State Financial Corporation established under the State Financial Corporations Act, 1951 (63 of 1951) shall, on and from the appointed day, continue to function in those areas in respect of which it was functioning immediately before that day, subject to the provisions of this section and to such directions as may, from time to time, be issued by the Central Government.
(2) Any directions issued by the Central Government under sub-section (1) in respect of the Corporation may include a direction that the said Act, in its application to the Corporation, shall have effect subject to such exceptions and modifications as may be specified in the direction.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), the Board of Directors of the Corporation may, with the previous approval of the Central Government and shall, if so required by the Central Government, convene at any time after the appointed day a meeting for the consideration of a scheme for the reconstitution or reorganisation or dissolution, as the case may be, of the Corporation, including proposals regarding the formation of new Corporations, and the transfer thereto of the assets, rights and liabilities of the existing Corporation, and if such a scheme is approved at the general meeting by a resolution passed by a majority of the shareholders present and voting, the scheme shall be submitted to the Central Government for its sanction.
(4) If the scheme is sanctioned by the Central Government either without modifications or with modifications which are approved at a general meeting, the Central Government shall certify the scheme, and upon such certification, the scheme shall, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any law for the time being in force, be binding on the Corporations affected by the scheme as well as the shareholders and creditors thereof.
(5) If the scheme is not so approved or sanctioned, the Central Government may refer the scheme to such Judge of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh or the High Court of Telangana as may be nominated in this behalf by the Chief Justice thereof, and the decision of the Judge in regard to the scheme shall be final and shall be binding on the Corporations affected by the scheme as well as the shareholders and creditors thereof.
(6) Nothing in the preceding provisions of this section shall be construed as preventing the Government of the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana from constituting, at any time on or after the appointed day, a State Financial Corporation for that State under the State Financial Corporations Act, 1951 (63 of 1951).
Title: Certain provisions for companies.
Notwithstanding anything in this Part, the Central Government may, for each of the companies specified in the Ninth Schedule to this Act, issue directions–
(a) regarding the division of the interests and shares of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh in the Company between the successor States;
(b) requiring the reconstitution of the Board of Directors of the Company so as to give adequate representation to the successor States.
Title: Temporary provisions as to continuance of certain existing road transport permits.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 88 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988), a permit granted by the State Transport Authority of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh or any Regional Transport Authority in that State shall, if such permit was, immediately before the appointed day, valid and effective in any area in the transferred territory, be deemed to continue to be valid and effective in that area after that day till its period of validity subject to the provisions of that Act as for the time being in force in that area; and it shall not be necessary for any such permit to be countersigned by the State Transport Authority of Telangana or any Regional Transport Authority therein for the purpose of validating it for use in such area:
Provided that the Central Government may, after consultation with the successor State Government or Governments concerned add to amend or vary the conditions attached to the permit by the Authority by which the permit was granted.
(2) No tolls, entrance fees or other charges of a like nature shall be levied after the appointed day in respect of any transport vehicle for its operations in any of the successor States under any such permit, if such vehicle was, immediately before that day, exempt from the payment of any such toll, entrance fees or other charges for its operations in the transferred territory:
Provided that the Central Government may, after consultation with the State Government or Governments concerned, authorise the levy of any such toll, entrance fees or other charges, as the case may be:
Provided further that the provisions of this sub-section shall not be applicable where any such tolls, entrance fees or other charges of a like nature are leviable for the use of any road or bridge which is constructed or developed for commercial purpose by the State Government, an undertaking of the State Government, a joint undertaking in which the State Government is a shareholder or the private sector.
Title: Special provisions relating to, retrenchment compensation in certain cases.
Where on account of the reorganisation of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh under this Act, any body corporate constituted under a Central Act, State Act or Provincial Act, any co-operative society registered under any law relating to co-operative societies or any commercial or industrial undertaking of that State is reconstituted or reorganised in any manner whatsoever or is amalgamated with any other body corporate, co-operative society or undertaking, or is dissolved, and in consequence of such reconstitution, reorganisation, amalgamation or dissolution, any workman employed by such body corporate or in any such co-operative society or undertaking, is transferred to, or re-employed by, any other body corporate, or in any other co-operative society or undertaking, then, notwithstanding anything contained in section 25F or section 25FF or section 25FFF of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (14 of 1947), such transfer or re-employment shall not entitle him to any compensation under that section:
(a) the terms and conditions of service applicable to the workman after such transfer or reemployment are not less favourable to the workman than those applicable to him immediately before the transfer or re-employment;
(b) the employer in relation to the body corporate, the co-operative society or the undertaking where the workman transferred or re-employed is, by agreement or otherwise, legally liable to pay to the workman, in the event of his retrenchment, compensation under section 25F or section 25FF or section 25FFF of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (14 of 1947) on the basis that his service has been continuous and has not been interrupted by the transfer or re-employment.
Title: Special provision as to income-tax
Where the assets, rights and liabilities of any body corporate carrying on business are, under the provisions of this Part, transferred to any other bodies corporate which after the transfer carry on the same business, the losses or profits or gains sustained by the body corporate first-mentioned which, but for such transfer, would have been allowed to be carried forward and set off in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VI of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), shall be apportioned amongst the transferee bodies corporate in accordance with the rules to be made by the Central Government in this behalf and, upon such apportionment, the share of loss allotted to each transferee body corporate shall be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VI of the said Act, as if the transferee body corporate had itself sustained such loss in a business carried on by it in the years in which those losses were sustained.