Section 68 in The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014
Title: Provisions for various companies and corporations.
(1) The companies and corporations specified in the Ninth Schedule constituted for the existing State of Andhra Pradesh shall, on and from the appointed day, continue to function in those areas in respect of which they were functioning immediately before that day, subject to the provisions of this section.
(2) The assets, rights and liabilities of the companies and corporations referred to in sub-section (1) shall be apportioned between the successor States in the manner provided in section 53.
Title: Continuance of arrangements in regard to generation and supply of electric power and supply of water.
If it appears to the Central Government that the arrangement in regard to the generation or supply of electric power or the supply of water for any area or in regard to the execution of any project for such generation or supply has been or is likely to be modified to the disadvantage of that area by reason of the fact that it is, by virtue of the provisions of Part II, outside the State in which the power stations and other installations for the generation and supply of such power, or the catchment area, reservoirs and other works for the supply of water, as the case may be, are located, the Central Government may, after consultation with the Governments of the successor States wherever necessary, give such directions as it deems proper to the State Government or other authority concerned for the maintenance, so far as practicable, of the previous arrangement and the State to which such directions are given shall comply with them.
Title: Provisions as to Andhra Pradesh State Financial Corporation.
(1) The Andhra Pradesh State Financial Corporation established under the State Financial Corporations Act, 1951 (63 of 1951) shall, on and from the appointed day, continue to function in those areas in respect of which it was functioning immediately before that day, subject to the provisions of this section and to such directions as may, from time to time, be issued by the Central Government.
(2) Any directions issued by the Central Government under sub-section (1) in respect of the Corporation may include a direction that the said Act, in its application to the Corporation, shall have effect subject to such exceptions and modifications as may be specified in the direction.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), the Board of Directors of the Corporation may, with the previous approval of the Central Government and shall, if so required by the Central Government, convene at any time after the appointed day a meeting for the consideration of a scheme for the reconstitution or reorganisation or dissolution, as the case may be, of the Corporation, including proposals regarding the formation of new Corporations, and the transfer thereto of the assets, rights and liabilities of the existing Corporation, and if such a scheme is approved at the general meeting by a resolution passed by a majority of the shareholders present and voting, the scheme shall be submitted to the Central Government for its sanction.
(4) If the scheme is sanctioned by the Central Government either without modifications or with modifications which are approved at a general meeting, the Central Government shall certify the scheme, and upon such certification, the scheme shall, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any law for the time being in force, be binding on the Corporations affected by the scheme as well as the shareholders and creditors thereof.
(5) If the scheme is not so approved or sanctioned, the Central Government may refer the scheme to such Judge of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh or the High Court of Telangana as may be nominated in this behalf by the Chief Justice thereof, and the decision of the Judge in regard to the scheme shall be final and shall be binding on the Corporations affected by the scheme as well as the shareholders and creditors thereof.
(6) Nothing in the preceding provisions of this section shall be construed as preventing the Government of the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana from constituting, at any time on or after the appointed day, a State Financial Corporation for that State under the State Financial Corporations Act, 1951 (63 of 1951).
Title: Certain provisions for companies.
Notwithstanding anything in this Part, the Central Government may, for each of the companies specified in the Ninth Schedule to this Act, issue directions–
(a) regarding the division of the interests and shares of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh in the Company between the successor States;
(b) requiring the reconstitution of the Board of Directors of the Company so as to give adequate representation to the successor States.
Title: Temporary provisions as to continuance of certain existing road transport permits.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 88 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988), a permit granted by the State Transport Authority of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh or any Regional Transport Authority in that State shall, if such permit was, immediately before the appointed day, valid and effective in any area in the transferred territory, be deemed to continue to be valid and effective in that area after that day till its period of validity subject to the provisions of that Act as for the time being in force in that area; and it shall not be necessary for any such permit to be countersigned by the State Transport Authority of Telangana or any Regional Transport Authority therein for the purpose of validating it for use in such area:
Provided that the Central Government may, after consultation with the successor State Government or Governments concerned add to amend or vary the conditions attached to the permit by the Authority by which the permit was granted.
(2) No tolls, entrance fees or other charges of a like nature shall be levied after the appointed day in respect of any transport vehicle for its operations in any of the successor States under any such permit, if such vehicle was, immediately before that day, exempt from the payment of any such toll, entrance fees or other charges for its operations in the transferred territory:
Provided that the Central Government may, after consultation with the State Government or Governments concerned, authorise the levy of any such toll, entrance fees or other charges, as the case may be:
Provided further that the provisions of this sub-section shall not be applicable where any such tolls, entrance fees or other charges of a like nature are leviable for the use of any road or bridge which is constructed or developed for commercial purpose by the State Government, an undertaking of the State Government, a joint undertaking in which the State Government is a shareholder or the private sector.