Section 9 in The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014
Title: Assistance of police forces from Central Government to successor States, etc.
(1) The Central Government shall assist the successor States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to raise additional police forces.
(2) The Central Government shall, for a period of three years, on and from the appointed day, maintain and administer the Greyhound Training Centre in Hyderabad which shall function as a common training centre for the successor States and, at the expiry of the said period, the existing Greyhound Training Centre in Hyderabad shall become the training centre of the State of Telangana.
(3) The Central Government shall assist the successor State of Andhra Pradesh to set up a similar state-of the-art training centre at such place as the State Government of Andhra Pradesh may by order notify.
(4) The Central Government shall provide financial assistance to the successor States in setting up new operational hubs for Greyhounds at such locations as the successor States may by order notify.
(5) The Greyhound and OCTOPUS forces of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh shall be distributed between the successor States after seeking options from the personnel and, each of these forces, on or after the appointed day shall function under the respective Director General of Police of the successor States
Title: Amendment of First Schedule to Constitution.
On and from the appointed day, in the First Schedule to the Constitution, under the heading "I. THE STATES’’,––
(a) in the paragraph relating to the territories of the State of Andhra Pradesh, after the words, brackets and figures "Second Schedule to the Andhra Pradesh and Madras (Alteration of Boundaries) Act, 1959 (56 of 1959)", the following shall be inserted, namely:—
"and the territories specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014";
(b) after entry 28, the following entry shall be inserted, namely:—
"29. Telangana: The territories specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014.".
Title: Saving powers of State Governments.
Nothing in the foregoing provisions of this Part shall be deemed to affect the power of the Government of Andhra Pradesh or the Government of Telangana to alter, after the appointed day, the name, area or boundaries of any district or other territorial division in the State.
Title: Amendment of Fourth Schedule to Constitution.
On and from the appointed day, in the Fourth Schedule to the Constitution, in the Table,—
(a) in entry 1, for the figures "18", the figures "11" shall be substituted;
(b) entries 2 to 30 shall be renumbered as entries 3 to 31, respectively;
(c) after entry 1, the following entry shall be inserted, namely:—
"2. Telangana .............................................. 7".
Title: Allocation of sitting members.
(1) On and from the appointed day, eighteen sitting members of the Council of States representing the existing State of Andhra Pradesh shall be deemed to have been elected to fill the seats allotted to the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, as specified in the First Schedule to this Act.
(2) The term of office of such sitting members shall remain unaltered