Section 7 in The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014
Title: Governor of existing State of Andhra Pradesh to be common Governor.
On and from the appointed day, the Governor of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh shall be the Governor for both the successor States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for such period as may be determined by the President.
Title: Responsibility of Governor to protect residents of common capital of Hyderabad.
(1) On and from the appointed day, for the purposes of administration of the common capital area, the Governor shall have special responsibility for the security of life, liberty and property of all those who reside in such area.
(2) In particular, the responsibility of the Governor shall extend to matters such as law and order, internal security and security of vital installations, and management and allocation of Government buildings in the common capital area.
(3) In discharge of the functions, the Governor shall, after consulting the Council of Ministers of the State of Telangana, exercise his individual judgment as to the action to be taken:
Provided that if any question arises whether any matter is or is not a matter as respects which the Governor is under this sub-section required to act in the exercise of his individual judgment, the decision of the Governor in his discretion shall be final, and the validity of anything done by the Governor shall not be called in question on the ground that he ought or ought not to have acted in the exercise of his individual judgment.
(4) The Governor shall be assisted by two advisors to be appointed by the Central Government
Title: Assistance of police forces from Central Government to successor States, etc.
(1) The Central Government shall assist the successor States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to raise additional police forces.
(2) The Central Government shall, for a period of three years, on and from the appointed day, maintain and administer the Greyhound Training Centre in Hyderabad which shall function as a common training centre for the successor States and, at the expiry of the said period, the existing Greyhound Training Centre in Hyderabad shall become the training centre of the State of Telangana.
(3) The Central Government shall assist the successor State of Andhra Pradesh to set up a similar state-of the-art training centre at such place as the State Government of Andhra Pradesh may by order notify.
(4) The Central Government shall provide financial assistance to the successor States in setting up new operational hubs for Greyhounds at such locations as the successor States may by order notify.
(5) The Greyhound and OCTOPUS forces of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh shall be distributed between the successor States after seeking options from the personnel and, each of these forces, on or after the appointed day shall function under the respective Director General of Police of the successor States
Title: Amendment of First Schedule to Constitution.
On and from the appointed day, in the First Schedule to the Constitution, under the heading "I. THE STATES’’,––
(a) in the paragraph relating to the territories of the State of Andhra Pradesh, after the words, brackets and figures "Second Schedule to the Andhra Pradesh and Madras (Alteration of Boundaries) Act, 1959 (56 of 1959)", the following shall be inserted, namely:—
"and the territories specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014";
(b) after entry 28, the following entry shall be inserted, namely:—
"29. Telangana: The territories specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014.".
Title: Saving powers of State Governments.
Nothing in the foregoing provisions of this Part shall be deemed to affect the power of the Government of Andhra Pradesh or the Government of Telangana to alter, after the appointed day, the name, area or boundaries of any district or other territorial division in the State.