Section 4 in The Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016
Title: Executive Committee of Bureau.
(1) The Governing Council may, with the prior approval of the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute an Executive Committee which shall consist of the following members, namely: —
(a) Director General of the Bureau, who shall be its ex officio Chairman; and
(b) such number of members, as may be prescribed.
(2) The Executive Committee constituted under sub-section (1) shall perform, exercise and discharge such functions, powers and duties of the Bureau, as may be delegated to it by the Governing Council.
Title: Advisory Committees of Bureau.
(1) Subject to any regulations made in this behalf, the Governing Council may, from time to time and as and when it is considered necessary, constitute the following Advisory Committees for the efficient discharge of the functions of the Bureau, namely:—
(a) Finance Advisory Committee;
(b) Conformity Assessment Advisory Committee;
(c) Standards Advisory Committee;
(d) Testing and Calibration Advisory Committee; and
(e) such number of other committees as may be specified by regulations.
(2) Each Advisory Committee shall consist of a Chairman and such other members as may be specified by regulations.
Title: Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate act or proceedings.
No act or proceedings of the Governing Council, under section 3 shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of the Governing Council; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a member of the Governing Council; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Governing Council not affecting the merits of the case.
Title: Director General.
(1) The Central Government shall appoint a Director General of the Bureau.
(2) The terms and conditions of service of the Director General of the Bureau shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) Subject to the general superintendence and control of the Governing Council, the Director General of the Bureau shall be the Chief Executive Authority of the Bureau.
(4) The Director General of the Bureau shall exercise and discharge such of the powers and duties of the Bureau as may be specified by regulations.
(5) The Director General may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to any officer of the Bureau subject to such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of his powers and functions as are assigned to him under the regulations or are delegated to him by the Governing Council, as he may deem necessary.
Title: Officers and employees of Bureau.
(1) The Bureau may appoint such other officers and employees as it considers necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act.
(2) The terms and conditions of service of officers and employees of the Bureau appointed under sub-section (1) shall be such as may be specified by regulations.