Section 20 in The Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act 2015
Title: Power of Central Government to approve certain arrangements
(1) A successful bidder or allottee or coal linkage holder shall, with the prior approval of the Central Government and in accordance with such rules as may be prescribed, be entitled to enter into certain agreements or arrangements with other successful bidder or allottee or coal linkage holder, as the case may be, for optimum utilisation of coal mine for the same end-uses in the public interest and to achieve cost efficiencies.
(2) A successful bidder or allottee may also use the coal mine from a particular Schedule I coal mine for any of its plants engaged in common specified end-uses, in accordance with such rules as may be prescribed.
Title: Acquisition of land
(1) All existing land acquisition proceedings under the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 (30 of 2013), in relation to Schedule I coal mines, shall continue in respect of such areas of land in accordance with the provisions of the said Act.
(2) All such areas of land which are not subject matter of land acquisition proceedings, in relation to the coal mines, under the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 (30 of 2013), may be proceeded with by the Central Government in terms of the Coal Bearing Areas (Acquisition and Development) Act, 1957 (20 of 1957).
(3) The State Governments which have initiated land acquisition proceedings under provisions of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 (30 of 2013), and all such lands which are also subject matter of the said Act in respect of Schedule I coal mines, shall—
(a) not transfer any land to the prior allottees which have been acquired under the said Act;
(b) continue the land acquisition proceedings till the appointed date;
(c) for such Schedule I coal mines which have not vested in the successful bidder or the allottee, as the case may be, by the appointed date, continue the land acquisition proceedings for and on behalf of the Central Government;
(d) upon the vesting or the allotment, as the case may be, after the appointed date, continue such land acquisition proceedings on behalf of the successful bidder or the allottee.
Title: Realisation of additional levy
If a prior allottee of Schedule II coal mine fails to deposit the additional levy with the Central Government within the specified time, then, such additional levy shall be realised as the arrears of land revenue.
Title: Penalties for certain offences
If any person—
(a) obstructs or causes any impediment in taking possession or in the management and operation of the Schedule I coal mines by the Central Government or the designated custodian; or
(b) fails to deliver to the designated custodian any books of account, registers or any other document in his custody relating to Schedule I coal mines and coal mining operations in respect of the management of which the designated custodian has been appointed; or
(c) destroys or misuses any mine infrastructure or coal stock; or
(d) retains any property of such coal mine or removes or destroys it,
he and any officer-in-default of the company shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years, or with the minimum fine of one lakh rupees per day and in the case ofcontinuing failure, with a maximum fine of two lakh rupees for every day during which the failure continues or with both, depending upon the nature of the offence.
Title: Penalty for failure to comply with directions of Central Government
If any person fails to comply, without reasonable cause, with a direction given by the Central Government or nominated authority or the designated custodian, he shall be punishable with a fine of one lakh rupees and in the case of continuing failure with a maximum fine of two lakh rupees for every day during which the failure continues, depending upon the nature of the offence.