Section 75 in The Mental Healthcare Act, 2017
Title: Terms and conditions of service of chairperson and members of Board
(1) The chairperson and members of the Board shall hold office for a term of five years or up to the age of seventy years, whichever is earlier and shall be eligible for reappointment for another term of five years or up to the age of seventy years whichever is earlier.
(2) The appointment of chairperson and members of every Board shall be made by the Chairperson of the State Authority.
(3) The honorarium and other allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the chairperson and members of the Board shall be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
Title: Decisions of Authority and Board
(1) The decisions of the Authority or the Board, as the case may be, shall be by consensus, failing which by a majority of votes of members present and voting and in the event of equality of votes, the president or the chairperson, as the case may be, shall have a second or casting vote.
(2) The quorum of a meeting of the Authority or the Board, as the case may be, shall be three members.
Title: Applications to Board
(1) Any person with mental illness or his nominated representative or a representative of a registered non-governmental organisation, with the consent of such a person, being aggrieved by the decision of any of the mental health establishment or whose rights under this Act have been violated, may make an application to the Board seeking redressal or appropriate relief.
(2) There shall be no fee or charge levied for making such an application.
(3) Every application referred to in sub-section (1) shall contain the name of applicant, his contact details, the details of the violation of his rights, the mental health establishment or any other place where such violation took place and the redressal sought from the Board.
(4) In exceptional circumstances, the Board may accept an application made orally or over telephone from a person admitted to a mental health establishment.
Title: Proceedings before Board to be judicial proceedings
All proceedings before the Board shall be deemed to be judicial proceedings within the meaning of sections 193, 219 and 228 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860)
The Board shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings as may be specified by regulations made by the Central Authority.