Section 68 in The Mental Healthcare Act 2017
Title: Inspection and inquiry
(1) The Authority may, suo motu or on a complaint received from any person with respect to non-adherence of minimum standards specified by or under this Act or contravention of any provision thereof, order an inspection or inquiry of any mental health establishment, to be made by such person as may be prescribed.
(2) The mental health establishment shall be entitled to be represented at such inspection or inquiry.
(3) The Authority shall communicate to the mental health establishment the results of such inspection or inquiry and may after ascertaining the opinion of the mental health establishment, order the establishment to make necessary changes within such period as may be specified by it.
(4) The mental health establishment shall comply with the order of the Authority made under sub-section (3).
(5) If the mental health establishment fails to comply with the order of the Authority made under sub-section (3), the Authority may cancel the registration of the mental health establishment.
(6) The Authority or any person authorised by it may, if there is any reason to suspect that any person is operating a mental health establishment without registration, enter and search in such manner as may be prescribed, and the mental health establishment shall co-operate with such inspection or inquiry and be entitled to be represented at such inspection or inquiry.
Title: Appeal to High Court against order of Authority
Any mental health establishment aggrieved by an order of the Authority refusing to grant registration or renewal of registration or cancellation of registration, may, within a period of thirty days from such order, prefer an appeal to the High Court in the State:
Provided that the High Court may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period of thirty days, if it is satisfied that the appellant had sufficient cause for not preferring the appeal within the period of thirty days.
Title: Certificates fees and register of mental health establishments
(1) Every mental health establishment shall display the certificate of registration in a conspicuous place in the mental health establishment in such manner so as to be visible to everyone visiting the mental health establishment.
(2) In case the certificate is destroyed or lost or mutilated or damaged, the Authority may issue a duplicate certificate on the request of the mental health establishment and on the payment of such fees as may be prescribed.
(3) The certificate of registration shall be non-transferable and valid in case of change of ownership of the establishment.
(4) Any change of ownership of the mental health establishment shall be intimated to the Authority by the new owner within one month from the date of change of ownership.
(5) In the event of change of category of the mental health establishment, such establishment shall surrender the certificate of registration to the Authority and the mental health establishment shall apply afresh for grant of certificate of registration in that category.
Title: Maintenance of register of mental health establishment in digital format
The Authority shall maintain in digital format a register of mental health establishments, registered by the Authority, to be called the Register of Mental Health Establishments and shall enter the particulars of the certificate of registration so granted in a separate register to be maintained in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
Title: Duty of mental health establishment to display information
(1) Every mental health establishment shall display within the establishment at conspicuous place (including on its website), the contact details including address and telephone numbers of the concerned Board.
(2) Every mental health establishment shall provide the person with necessary forms to apply to the concerned Board and also give free access to make telephone calls to the Board to apply for a review of the admission.